Model Cars Magazine Forum

My finished Bronco with updated underside

jeffp60

2 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

What did you use for the seat inserts? Decals? The build is impressive.

Yes. I did black wash but I really liked the way it came out overall so I washed the seat and applied the included decal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 8:57 PM, Sidney Schwartz said:

I'm not a big fan of these types of vehicles, but you did a super job. The only thing that doesn't look so good to me is the plug wires. I prefer something like these...

169334790_engine2.jpg.8028c4e84b0b9a3f15dbd9650cf7bcf8.jpg

That's a Morgan Automotive Detail pre-wired distributor. It's just thin electrical wire, but IMO it looks quite realistic. There are half dozen or so outfits that make and sell pre-wired distributors...I think these look the best.

I would agree. Thats really the only thing I saw that really stood out. I am the same with my plug wires....

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff, I think it's a great looking Bronco. I do agree with Sidney however about the wiring. I too prefer to do my own wiring and have found that .020 wire from Detail Master or other after market suppliers works great but I would suggest also using wire looms from Photo Tech. They come on a rubber backing which makes them easier to remove as opposed to the usual p.e parts that need to be cut from a tree and they make for a realistic look.  They can be a little hard to find but are worth the effort, at least in my opinion . 

P.S I don't work for nor am I a distributor for Photo Tech, I just think they make good stuff. 

• Like 1