Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Dodge 100 Adventurer Pickup

Does anyone remember the 1974 Dodge pickup?  I pulled mine out of storage the other day, intending to restore it.  But I noticed the kit (unlike the '78) has a beltline molding around it.  The box art shows it to be black and chrome.  But there is actually some woodgrain look to it.  Does anyone know where I can find some reference material for it? 

I'm also looking for suggestions on what to do with it.  Clean it and display it as is?  Strip it and do something else with it?  Thoughts?  

Thanks, John 1250577159_1974Dodgepickupbox.jpg.a92bd1b6f9fcb483c2631595a8b54f16.jpgIMG_3319.jpg.2ce02ff1466d4cd59c79a9baed76d609.jpgIMG_3320.jpg.f6e7ca19ef71f92ad481379042d0ef22.jpg

Kit cab looks exactly like the '72 (Baja Brute) which was the first version of the kit.  MPC didn't always keep up with changes from year to year if the kit in question wasn't based on a promo.  They'd update the grille and/or other separate parts and call it good.  MPC's Dodge pickup also had the separate gas cap for the cab (indicating fuel tank behind the seat) a couple of years longer than the 1:1 trucks had that.

Great information.  Thanks.  Yes, I noticed the body style in the kits didn't change much between the '74 and the '78 except for that molding.  In some images I found it would be a break for a secondary color.  It really doesn't make much sense for a yellow work truck though