Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Toyota supra... a little different

moonlite5hadow

Definitely not for ford fans! This supra, like the GTr was sitting in its box for months. i got to building it, and noticed i was missing the tires. unable to find anything else, i grabbed a set of slicks i had lying around, found a chevy motor from revell's 79' Z28, and made it work. the engine is just sitting on the suspension plate of the supra, and only ahs an upper radiator hose. a current project of mine will be an expiriment in detailing engines (its a twin turbo Ford 427). the build was fun, and as simple as the exhaust is, i like it. solder, once again. (solder has become my favorite model building tool...)

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03768.jpg

DSC03769.jpg

DSC03770.jpg

Good job on the build. looks good from here. :lol:

The solder idea is great for the exhaust. I've even used a smaller diameter solder and then with a round metal object I rolled the solder flat to make engine brackets for the alternator. Now the alternator doesn't float in mid-air via the drive belt. :(

Good job on the build. looks good from here. :lol:

The solder idea is great for the exhaust. I've even used a smaller diameter solder and then with a round metal object I rolled the solder flat to make engine brackets for the alternator. Now the alternator doesn't float in mid-air via the drive belt. :lol:

are you sure the alternator doesnt float? :lol:

im going to have to try that on one of my upcoming projects. i have a few diameters of solder around.

we should race diymirage! you should see my next project; a twin turbo, intercooled, ford 427, 4wheel drive 2009 GT-R. then i plan on a twin supercharged 427 something... not sure on the chassis for that one yet. definitely import though. most imports, to me, look good with good old fashioned american muscle poking through the hood. i have a tamiya nismo 350z that might get that twin supercharged 427...

we should race diymirage! you should see my next project; a twin turbo, intercooled, ford 427, 4wheel drive 2009 GT-R. then i plan on a twin supercharged 427 something... not sure on the chassis for that one yet. definitely import though. most imports, to me, look good with good old fashioned american muscle poking through the hood. i have a tamiya nismo 350z that might get that twin supercharged 427...

i might have a tough time beatin the GT-R of the line but i have a charger with just about the right amount of bras knuckle grease that would be up for a brall with it B)

HPIM0281.jpg

maybe a nice idea for a build off

american mucles in a import body no holds barred :)