Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slot Car Fever

My advice is to save your money. I bought some of their decals to do the 1963 Melrose Missile III Plymouth (1/25 scale) because they were the only place that offered them. The decals that arrived were VERY undersized for 1/25 - they looked more like 1/32 - even though it plainly said 1/25 on the sheet. I got the bright idea that since they also offered them in 1/18 maybe those would be about right for 1/25. Well, the 1/18 decals were still very visibly undersized for 1/25! Besides that the images on both sheets were both incomplete and inaccurate. For instance, on the real Melrose III (as it was in 1963, don't know about later restorations) the markings were somewhat different on each side. The Slot Car Fever version assumed that both sides were the same.

I ended up making my own decals which took some time but wasn't really as hard as anticipated and it was a very satisfying project. Much of what you see in the pics below is missing from the SCF decals.

IMGP4696.JPG.c7018529cc5d7712f96b2955e4b37ac7.JPG

IMGP4693.JPG.b81d7c767c862818a750f90896d7ed2a.JPG

• Like 1