Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage AMT's WIP thread.....

Vintage AMT

So, I got this kit when it was released in 2000, 23 years ago!! And now I'm going to attemp to get it done, looking at a mild custom, but a basic box stock style build..I've read quite a few reviews and comments about the dash being to wide, guess I got lucky because mine fits perfect. This is a dry mock-up, haven't even cleaned the flash yet, I don't see the problem, am I missing it? Anyhow here's the pictures of the mock-up.

IMG_2023-07-13-09-51-44-858.thumb.jpg.33f218a09d449131e9a15824ae979685.jpg

IMG_2023-07-13-09-51-17-601.thumb.jpg.2b4cee818fa9515e364cf5fce7a1efcb.jpg

Later...

Edited by Vintage AMT
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, customline said:

Did you strip the chrome and remove the sun visors fom the windshield frame? Where did the "fins" go?

Jim, yes I stripped the chrome, it had an aweful gold tint to it, bumpers as well. The "fins" are "gone";)

24 minutes ago, jeffp60 said:

What is the kit ?

Jeff,

images.jpg.aa7ec56e1289ff9c28936d50e029db5d.jpg

Well, a small problem, the hood is way to thick, gonna need some heavy duty thinning, and if I goof it up, guess I'll make a derby car out of it.:unsure:

IMG_2023-07-15-15-22-33-434.jpg.53113851aa756ed65106c2a36dacf83a.jpg*

That red is the side of the hood, shouldn't be seeing it.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

• Sad 1

• Vintage AMT changed the title to Vintage AMT's WIP thread.....
1 hour ago, customline said:

Too bad about the 'bird.....I wanted to see it done. With the fins shaved off, I think it would have been a very cool, unique custom. Was it the hood or the body causing the trouble?

yeah, the hood is bowed on the passenger side, I tried to heat bend it, just not working, I'll still build it but won't do a wip for it, also had some trouble with the vent window frames, and I guess at my time of life, the patience's is a bit thinB)

2 hours ago, Vintage AMT said:

yeah, the hood is bowed on the passenger side, I tried to heat bend it, just not working, I'll still build it but won't do a wip for it, also had some trouble with the vent window frames, and I guess at my time of life, the patience's is a bit thinB)

Maybe you could ask if anyone has a hood they don't need. You never know. And I know about the patience thing. It's not one of my strong points. 😓