Model Cars Magazine Forum

BUNNYS !!!

Mike 1017

53 minutes ago, Khils said:

I knew what you were saying & for the most part agree!

I was playing on the "Right of way" 😄  

I know Kevin.

I knew that you were likely just making a tongue in cheek observation.

I guess what I was getting at when I made the "right of way" crack, was that the deer had the right of way long before the road was ever there. ;)

Steve

11 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I know Kevin.

I knew that you were likely just making a tongue in cheek observation.

I guess what I was getting at when I made the "right of way" crack, was that the deer had the right of way long before the road was ever there. ;)

Steve

Being a truck driver for 45 years I have seen a lot of deer vs vehicle outcomes. The one that sticks in mind Is when a deer crossed over 2 lanes, the medium and then crossed over to the other side and ran right into the rear quarter panel of a car. The poor woman never saw it coming. She probably stopped to change underwear. IMO deer are the stupidest animal on the planet. I don't know why they don't consider cars or trucks dangerous? They have seen what happens to others. Almost all animals run away from cars. But not deer.

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike 1017 said:

Being a truck driver for 45 years I have seen a lot of deer vs vehicle outcomes. The one that sticks in mind Is when a deer crossed over 2 lanes, the medium and then crossed over to the other side and ran right into the rear quarter panel of a car. The poor woman never saw it coming. She probably stopped to change underwear. IMO deer are the stupidest animal on the planet. I don't know why they don't consider cars or trucks dangerous? They have seen what happens to others. Almost all animals run away from cars. But not deer.

Mike

I have a friend who is a deer hunter and we discussed this once.  He said that he’s been able to ride right up on them on his four wheeler, but the instant he steps off and they recognize it’s a man, they take off fast.  Something in their instinct doesn’t recognize vehicles as being a threat.

Side note.  Never ceases to amaze me how far off track we can derail these threads sometimes.  And I think this one is probably my doing.  Sorry!😁. Squirrel!!

On 7/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, atomicholiday said:

I have a friend who is a deer hunter and we discussed this once.  He said that he’s been able to ride right up on them on his four wheeler, but the instant he steps off and they recognize it’s a man, they take off fast.  Something in their instinct doesn’t recognize vehicles as being a threat.

Side note.  Never ceases to amaze me how far off track we can derail these threads sometimes.  And I think this one is probably my doing.  Sorry!😁. Squirrel!!

Around 20 years ago I was in my Red Mitsubishi Eclipse and I got T-boned by a dear into my driver door. $3K worth of damage. The dear got up and took off.