Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flexi Cars

Mike 1017

18 hours ago, Thom said:

I have most of the Parma and JK flexis.

I was at the Mid-America Flexi Fiesta a couple of weeks ago. The racers got 2 motors and 1 set of tires that had to be used on any Flexi Chassis homemade or out of the box. Lap times were 3.40-3.75 seconds. My JK could not even qualify. The chassis is just too heavy. Some racers used Mid- America built chassis with the 2 hand out Eagle motors and tires. They wound up 2nd,3rd and 4th. The guy who built his own chassis won.

I did not know that you could build your own flexi chassis, I thought they were all factory stamped steel with the possibility of adding aluminum pans to lighten the car. Some can take a bit of work to flatten and tune.

Was this your first big race or have you been racing for a while? There are so many things that go into setting up a fast car, I’ve learned a lot by watching others prep and race. 

11 hours ago, Thom said:

I did not know that you could build your own flexi chassis, I thought they were all factory stamped steel with the possibility of adding aluminum pans to lighten the car. Some can take a bit of work to flatten and tune.

Was this your first big race or have you been racing for a while? There are so many things that go into setting up a fast car, I’ve learned a lot by watching others prep and race. 

My first one. I am gonna buy the most recent rolling Flexi-Chassis from Mid-America. Running my JK did help me how to get around the track and find out where the Deadmans Curves are at. Maybe the guys were just showing me what other cars they have built. 

I got back into this because I was gonna extend the kids Carrera Go track. Instead, I bought a Carrera F1 Evolution set with a lot of accessories for $50.00 from Facebook Market Place. Now I have a test track.

Mike