Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy

Slim Louis

I'm waiting for my order of Revell Black Widows to arrive. In the meantime I'm trying to turn a Revell 56 Chevy kit into an early sixties Late Model Sportsman. Roll cage, safety features, gas tank, no cell, bumpers, etc, will all be about period correct for 62-64 or so. Tires were still kinda skinny back then so I am using the PPP 5759 Truck tires and the PPP six lug wheels on this one, and I'm trying REAL HARD to get them to fit under the sheet metal WITHOUT hogging out the wheel wells! What a chore! I'm tellin' ya, it's a lot easier to just cut 'em open! But I'm getting there. trial and error on brake/wheel backs, a little thinning on them, a little massaging on the body work, I think I'll make it. Here's an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.I am leaving the chrome trim on where you see it and foiling it! I hate that job! Simple cage, small block chevy, gas tank, no cell, stock wheel wells, some battle scars.

Tires and wheels(3 out of 4) from ppp aquired from Fred, groovy paint and my decals coming!

Next step is bare metal foil, when the paint cures more in a day or too. Decals are nearly done, need a little tweeking for size. Hope ya like it!

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

Link to the build

http://public.fotki.com/slimlouis/cadet-sp...hevy-sportsman-

I am also working on a 56 but I am going the gasser route. I thought I would have some pics on here but paint job is a redo :lol: should be ready to repaint and post soon. Your build is outstanding I love the missing trim with trim holes very nice touch. By the way what paint /color is that orange?

Edited by coolplastic