Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can You Tell Me What This Is?!

Hello friends,

I know there is no shortage of knowledgeable folks on this forum and I have never posted a question on this website yet, so it’s high time I think! Lol. I picked us up at a swap meet on Saturday. I have since removed a couple of pieces from it, such as the tires and wheels, but it came to be in a Ziploc bag with no instruction sheet or writing on the bag identifying the kit. I neglected to take one good picture for you guys. That shows some of the unpainted plastic underneath the car appears to be yellow. Which makes me think it was a Monogram. The tires and wheels would tend to support this because they are the ones from the Tom Daniel, Hangman and some of his other designs came with these tires and wheels . 
However, the two guys who designed show rod kits for AMT were I believe John , Bogosian and I forget the other fellows name. A lot of their designs looks similar to TomDaniel designs. Can you see why it reminds me of Red Baron?  I have been to TomDaniel webpage where he shows his designs. It’s not impossible that they did not put this design (if it’s one of his) on the webpage or that I missed it but I went through it rather thoroughly and I saw no such creature. The way the front spring mounts the tube dropped axle reminds me of AMT show rod chassis such as the Lil Stogie and Lil Gasser etc.  so I am thinking it’s not impossible that somebody put Tom Daniel wheels and tires on an AMT show rod. However, there is the issue of that yellow plastic again making me think that it’s a Monogram since they were proponents of using plastic other than white.  
I am assuming the ice cream shop barstools or whatever you wanna call the seats came with stock in this kit but again I am only guessing. So if anyone can help, I appreciate it. I’m going to build it either way. I’m going to kick up the rear frame rails and slam it way low on the table. I don’t have enough of it to totally restore it so I’m gonna do my own little Rod.  Somebody already made that easy for me as they cut the rear frame rails off as near as I can tell! 
Lastly, there is no guarantee this is the engine which came with the kit. At least I cannot prove that. Unfortunately, I only have one zoomie and that’s a drag because they’re kind of cool being square  in shape. I don’t know if you could tell from the photo, but they’re not round tubes. They are actually square. Pretty wild little critter here and I will give it a purple bath starting tonight.If you want, I can post more pictures after it is stripped.

Thank you friends!

IMG_5647.jpeg

IMG_5648.jpeg

IMG_5643.jpeg

IMG_5644.jpeg

IMG_5645.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

Edited by ybsluos