Model Cars Magazine Forum

How Do I Fix the Rear Spoiler in Monogram/Revell '69 GTO Judge Kit?

I have several of the Monogram/Revell '69 GTO Judge kits and have never thought the rear spoiler was correct.   It just looks off.    Seems to stand too far up from the trunk and doesn't rake back enough.   I thought AMT included something that looks similar to the '69 spoiler on the parts trees of the '67 and '72 GTO kits but that isn't much better than the Monogram part.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by drifterdon

• drifterdon changed the title to How Do I Fix the Rear Spoiler in Monogram/Revell '69 GTO Judge Kit?

There’s a great set of pictures here:

https://www.stlouiscarmuseum.com/vehicles/897/1969-pontiac-gto-judge-ram-air-iv

I would either use the existing one as a template to start making a complete new one from plastic card, or add some card wedges to the front and back of the rolled over ends, and sand to a shape more like the pictures. There are enough views from different angles above to get a decent set of plans for the shape.

best,

M.

Wow, thanks for the link Matt.  I had my right clicker, "save as" button going like crazy to make sure I kept all these pics for references.   Probably one of the best walk arounds I've seen for a '69 Judge.  And I think this is the first time I've seen a Judge with a vinyl top.   I didn't think they did those but it's right on the order sheet and window sticker.   And you're right, plenty of pics to give me an accurate idea for the rear spoiler.