Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/64th Dirt Late Model (Dirt Modeler brass kit)

This was a quick little fun project I wrapped up not long ago. These were super limited multi-media kits put out for a brief time. It consisted of several brass photo-etched sheets, some resin tires and wheels. I drew the decal art, and they were printed by Mark Renaldo. This particular car was raced by Kevin Gundaker out of the St. Louis area in the 90's.

kevingundaker-vi.jpg

P1017957_Ocopy-vi.jpg

P1017950_Ocopy-vi.jpg

P1017951_Ocopy-vi.jpg

To see how it how it all went together, check out the video I made on it here.

• Like 3

Very nice.

I watched your youtube video on this build the other day. Sure is tiny and the build looked like it took a delicate touch.  Very nicely done.

There is something about tiny builds that is appealing. I had a go at 1/72 scale Great War aeroplanes and vehicles. In my younger years I managed just fine but lately with age and the usual age related ailments like arthritis and losing some of that delicate touch and dexterity, I find that the smaller scales are no longer for me. There is a gentleman from Australia who scratchbuild Great War aeroplanes ( among other subjects ) in 1/144 scale which are real jewels. This is a link to his latest postings on making wire wheels in 1/144 scale that you might find interesting:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235134957-spoked-wheels-for-an-early-bird/   

and one more of completed aeroplane just for interest sake:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235130624-over-the-adriatic-with-a-wet-bottom-v1-models-macchi-m5/

He is writing a book that will be available sometime this year.

cheers, Graham