Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Thunderbird glue bomb

Keef

9 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

I have one in my junkyard that should be complete. It's not what I would call a glue bomb, maybe "rebuilder".

What would you be looking for? I don’t have a huge parts box anymore but I might be able to come up with something.

14 hours ago, Keef said:

What would you be looking for? I don’t have a huge parts box anymore but I might be able to come up with something.

I would take another rebuilder, if you have anything. Maybe a cheap bagged kit (from a show/swap meet), or something from Ollie's. I'm always looking for Pegasus wheels & tires, 3D printed engines or accessories. The T-bird may not be 100% complete, so please keep that in mind (I'll have to dig it out of my junkyard-which is in my shed). 

On 2/15/2024 at 5:36 AM, ncbuckeye67 said:

I would take another rebuilder, if you have anything. Maybe a cheap bagged kit (from a show/swap meet), or something from Ollie's. I'm always looking for Pegasus wheels & tires, 3D printed engines or accessories. The T-bird may not be 100% complete, so please keep that in mind (I'll have to dig it out of my junkyard-which is in my shed). 

I know I have an Ollie’s 69 Camaro that’s missing wheels/tires and hood scoop. 

58 minutes ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Can the hood be used as a stock piece, or does it already have the hole cut out for the scoop?

Stock as well as custom, if I remember right 

On 2/19/2024 at 10:31 AM, ncbuckeye67 said:

Bad news my friend. I dug out the T-Bird, and it's missing a lot (front & rear clips, hood, 3 wheels & driver's seat.) I could dig through my junkyard some more, but that could take awhile.

Is the chassis and engine stuff complete? That’s what I’m really looking for along with the inner fenders and dashboard. I’m gonna cut it up and graft it into another project that I’m working on. 

On 2/21/2024 at 10:11 AM, Keef said:

Is the chassis and engine stuff complete? That’s what I’m really looking for along with the inner fenders and dashboard. I’m gonna cut it up and graft it into another project that I’m working on. 

I will check when I get home but im pretty sure ive got a svo 4 cylinder turbo engine still on the trees you can have.  I know we live in the same area so I'll check after work and if it's all there your more than welcome to it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

Unfortunately my kit is missing most of the engine. Sorry.... i do have some extra foxbody pieces 

I was going to make an SVOish Pinto out of this. 😂🤣

IMG_0364.png