Model Cars Magazine Forum

GREATCOSTAL cabover freightliner

hi, i am new to this forum and been checking it out. I LOVE IT. A LOT OF VERY GOOD MODEL BUILDERS. iam hoping some one here can help me.i just got my hands on a coe freigtliner kit and i want to build it as a GREATCOSTAL fleet truck. these trucks were manly seen on the eastcost. and had a unique red,white,blue paint job. i was wondering if any one out there has pictures of these trucks that i could see? i think the company is long since been out of business. thankyou verymuch for any help.

This will be a cool project. I didn't realize Great Coastal went under, though.

from what i heard they did but not sure. i remember i could not go 5miles up the pike with out seeing one of their trucks.now i dont see any. now i just heard that swift is going out.

from what i heard they did but not sure. i remember i could not go 5miles up the pike with out seeing one of their trucks.now i dont see any. now i just heard that swift is going out.

What's goin' on...

When it comes to SWIFT anything goes! I worked for SWIFT for four years only to be layed off a couple years ago. They downsized the company to reduce the driver to non driver ratio 5:1. For every 5 driving positions they wanted 1 non driving position. That was back then. Less than a year ago they started offering the trailer mechanics (at least those in the Columbus,Ohio terminal) their jobs back. I would have to take a pay cut to go back. I'm partialy tempted to call my old foremen in the trailer shop to find out what's going on just out of stupid curiosity!!!

What's goin' on...

When it comes to SWIFT anything goes! I worked for SWIFT for four years only to be layed off a couple years ago. They downsized the company to reduce the driver to non driver ratio 5:1. For every 5 driving positions they wanted 1 non driving position. That was back then. Less than a year ago they started offering the trailer mechanics (at least those in the Columbus,Ohio terminal) their jobs back. I would have to take a pay cut to go back. I'm partialy tempted to call my old foremen in the trailer shop to find out what's going on just out of stupid curiosity!!!

i dont know how true it is about swift i heard it through a owneroperator friend of mine. but i guess its the sign of the times with all these big companies going out maybe their will be more demand for owneroperators.