Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Demon 340 MPC

drodg

1 hour ago, Scott Eriksen said:

Has anyone tried using the AMT Duster for the chassis/floor pan and driveline ??  I'm still waiting for my Demon from Hobbylinc !

I have seen a few people use the engine out of the 71 Duster kit which is a much nicer 340.  I was tempted to use it but decided to do this build pretty stock.  

• Like 1

Well my update after the weekend.  I feel like I am getting the clear polished out and looking good.  Probably looks as good as a 71 paint would look.  Lol.  I applied the Fred Cady decal Sunday.  It needs a touch up in a few places but after 1.5 hours of working it I think it looks good.  I think it looks better than the hood decal that comes with the kit.  It is less glossy and it is the correct pattern.  Being a decal that was made what maybe 15-20 years ago it didn't come apart too awfully bad.  The soft set was a little rough on it as I moved the decal around especially those two raised areas on the hood of the Demon.  

IMG_6781.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am moving so slow on this because of life.  But here is an update on the kit.  I tried to use The Last Detail black side stripes but they fell apart as I took them from the water.  Just too old I guess so I used the kits stripes but went with the white because of the carrying paper and the high gloss on the black just stands out so much.  I think the white looks okay or even good.   I hope to have this finished by the end of the week.   Thanks for looking

IMG_6844.jpg

• Like 1