Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

ISO decent coil-over shocks for stock car builds.

I build a lot of the old MPC modified kits and the kit coil-overs are not cutting it. I have made up my own and it is very labor intensive. I use real springs from McMaster Carr. I really should get a small lathe for myself. That would be a good long-term solution. I have a full sized Bridgeport mill in my garage.

VCG resins used to make shocks, they are a little on the fragile side. I have a set I'm going to try to adapt. Does anyone know of a source? It would be a big help to me and others. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Of the top of my head, Mr. Model (from Brazil).  There are some others

image.png.713da4f57fd7cce9944970c2ab5060e6.png

A step in the right direction, thanks. I will look that up. Are they reputable to do business with?

3 hours ago, bobss396 said:

A step in the right direction, thanks. I will look that up. Are they reputable to do business with?

I've ordered from them before.  And some US online stores carry them, but out of stock at the moment.  Besides Future Attractions mentioned above, there is also Aber, Top Studio and Yamamoto Model.  Burbank House of Hobby has an Aber set.  The others, except Future Attraction, you'd likely have to get from Europe.

5 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I've ordered from them there good to deal with, make take a bit of time to get but you will get them .

• Like 1