Model Cars Magazine Forum

diorama figures

553964spd

I am new to the site and getting back into model building after about 15 years.I am starting my first diorama and am wanting some diorama figures.I puchased a Pegasus showgirl model figure off of ebay and was pleased with the quality and realism of the figure.I am having a hard time finding quality 1/24 1/25 scale figures.Can some one give me a web site or company name for some realistic figures.This is a great site and absolutely love it.

Thanks Billy

the japanese model companies hasegawa,fujimi,tamiya have produced sets in the past I don't know if they are currently available but I see them on ebay from time to time. also look for ulrich mini men . there have also been figures included in kits over the years and I believe you can find most of them in resin .verlinden made a few figures in 1/24 including a chp officer.hope this helps sorry for the lack of details perhaps others can fill in the blanks.

Looks as tho some company would start producing a set of 1-24 1-25 scale figures doesn't it ?

After all diorama building is on the up swing and there are a number of guys ( and gals) who would give their eye teeth to people their dioramas with a complete set of scale figures

Im not talking about just the mechanices figures im talking about people on the street

It might be wise for some resin company to check into this . Don't you think?

Lilsquirt

Looks as tho some company would start producing a set of 1-24 1-25 scale figures doesn't it ?

After all diorama building is on the up swing and there are a number of guys ( and gals) who would give their eye teeth to people their dioramas with a complete set of scale figures

Im not talking about just the mechanices figures im talking about people on the street

It might be wise for some resin company to check into this . Don't you think?

Lilsquirt

I totally agree with that.There doesn't seem to be a good selection of "regular" quality 1/24 1/25 scale figures.Either their a little over the top or the features are not that great.I know I would buy 10 to 20 figures.Thanks for all the suggestions I will be checking them out.

I'm in the same boat as I'm needing some figures for my diorama also. My problem is I'm doing a warm climate time frame for my diorama and most of the figures I have found are either too heavily clothed or not clothed enough!

Another problem I have found is some of the figures on the market look too much like something in a cartoon or are so out of proportions it isn't funny.

My suggestions is to try and find the Campus Friends figure set (not sure of the manufacturer) or the Truck Accessories kit (from Italeri). They have a decent set of figures in there, but the kits might be hard to locate.

Hope this helps,

-Scott H.

there also a couple of good books concerning figures and modifing them. one by Shepard Paine another from fine scale modeler about shadow box dioramas .so for you potential diorama builders check out some of the books for military figures and even train layouts .the scale maybe different but the techniques are invaluable.

Would be cool to have a figure custom made to match your appearance. I think in LA, there is a company that makes action-figures and for a hefty fee they can create an action-figure of you useing a 3D scanner and sculpturing your image onto the figure.

Would be nice to have something similar but alot more affordable for us model builders. Imagine having a little driver of your selfe in your favorite car!

Here are some pics of figure kits that are (were) available.

from Fujimi

DSCN1489.jpg

There was also a Testers version of the Mechanics set

from Tamiya

DSCN1488.jpg

At one time Tamiya made some 1/25th scale military figures that could be converted into civilians with a little grinding and body putty

from Hasegawa

DSCN1487.jpg

I also have some Hasegawa ralley mechanic figures and racing groupies but I must have tossed the box.

from Revell Germany

DSCN1491.jpg

Italeri has 2 sets of truck driver figures with their truck accessories kits

Thanks

Carl

I had one of Fujimi's drivers sets. I used the guy in the blue-shirt for my Toyota Trueno project I started ages ago. Never finished it.

I even once purchased their garage set, but never built it and lost it. Was hoping it would come with all stuff in photo's, but it was just an empty garage, can't even remember if it had a lift or not.

I always hated figure painting, as everything I did looked horrible. When I started on the Distinctive Motors shop dioramas, I decided to bit the bullet and paint up a female figure or two to represtent "Klutzy Katie," the shop helper who doubles by posing with the finished cars. I read every Ken Hamilton article i could find, gritted my teeth, and jumped in.

And fell in love with figure painting!

I also began to love the challenging figures- trying to make something worthwhile and somewhat realistic out of some of the rougher Chimneyville figures, and some of the caricature-like Jimmy Flintstone figures.

Painter Katie in my avatar started as Chimneyville's repop of the woman in the "Uncertain-T" kit. The clothes and hair were totally unrealistic to me, and the face was marginal at best. A little bondo and sanding created the coveralls and a new hairstyle, scratch out a respirator at half mast to halfway disguise the face (and draw the eye away from it) and add a parts box spray gun converted to gravity feed.

Jimmy's "topless burger gal" turned into "surfer Katie." I reposed the arms, "deaugmented" her slightly (plastic surgery?) and made a top out of bondo, aluminum wire and some custom decals.

IMG_4392-vi.jpg

Preiser makes some nice figures, but their best stuff are the "adam" and "eve" sets. The sets come with seven torsos, seven heads, and a LOT of arms and legs in various poses. The figures are styrene, and assemble into nudes, so unless you're doing a diorama of an orgy, you'll have to create clothing, but bondo, wire and tissue paper can be used to get what you want.

IMG_2565-vi.jpg

The figures are models, too- don't be afraid to hack and change on them. And if you mess up, you can always throw them back in the box and forget about them for a few years (just like the cars!) I need to create a photo album on Fotki just for the various versions of Katie that I have done.

I am new to the site and getting back into model building after about 15 years.I am starting my first diorama and am wanting some diorama figures.I puchased a Pegasus showgirl model figure off of ebay and was pleased with the quality and realism of the figure.I am having a hard time finding quality 1/24 1/25 scale figures.Can some one give me a web site or company name for some realistic figures.This is a great site and absolutely love it.

Thanks Billy

Try Motorhead minitures.net Lots of figures and already painted

38 Crush