Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honda NSX Super GT racing car

Bryce

Here’s the latest off my bench – the kit was a birthday present and is well out of my comfort zone, so I have been completely following the instructions and have built it box stock.

What a fantastic model kit though. I was sceptical at first – mainly due to the lack of engine, expensive price tag and the diecast metal base plate – but this kit has far exceeded my expectations.

The build was not without its problems, mainly to do with the complicated fade paint job, which I arrogantly decided to tackle with an airbrush rather than the kit supplied decals.

Actually, most of the problems were to do with paint. The kit fits together so well that I had to strip paint off every edge during final assembly due to my heavy handed rattle can application…

Highlights include:

• windscreen, head and tail light mask – absolutely no bleed – brilliant stuff!

• the best decals I’ve ever worked with – precise fit, total opacity, no excessive film and no glue clean up.

• precise fit of every part

• kit supplied metal transfer emblems and fine mesh for air intakes

Here’s some pics – hope you like it:

img_2812.jpg

img_2814.jpg

img_2815.jpg

img_2816.jpg

img_2817.jpg

img_2818.jpg

img_2819.jpg

img_2820.jpg

img_2821.jpg

interi10.jpg

And here’s a link to the WIP if you’re interested:

http://amcc.forum-motion.com/gas-museum-f2...e-nsx-t1027.htm

Great looking NSX, got one of these in cardstock to both in Takata colours and Epson colours as well actually have all the NSX cars in all the colours but need heaps f ink to print them off oh well maybe one day they end up on here and unless I say so you won't be able to twll if their paper or palstic that's how good they're getting now, my builds that is not the kits.

Dingo B)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Castrol Mugen NSX in the stash. It does include the engine and doesn't have the diecast chassis plate. It is an older issue, but still that great Tamiya quality. I hope that I can do the justice to it that you did to yours. Superb build!!!

Thanks guys - but all credit should go to the model kit, not the builder. I did my best to make a mess of this kit but it is just too good. :lol:

It took about a month to put together. Most of the work is in masking and painting. The fade job was a major PITA and it would have been a lot easier if they'd made the rear window separate to the body shell.