Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Nova in red

bfreez28

Its been awhile since I finished one, what a great feeling. Finally found this kit on the shelf at a Micheal's craft store not far from my work. Since we arent busy at work (bodyshop) I got this to keep me busy. Its painted Torch Red, base clear. Built the strip version with the slicks, two fours. roll bar and left out the passenger seat. It went together pretty easy!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

At Micheals I got a 50% off coupon so I went back and bought the Revell 57 chevy Black Widow, its already in primer.

Very cool, looks nice in red but, one question, what if it rains???? Pep Boys has a special on wipers this week!!!! :(:lol: Just kidding my friend!!!

I left the wipers off because model cars dont get driven in the rain! DUH! ahahahahaha

nah, the basis of the build was a street car turned weekend drag car. Also still attached to the parts trees are the full exhaust, battery (its in the trunk) and sway bars. The lens in the bumper on the driver side mysteriously vanished while installing it. I have no idea where it went, it was on the end of a toothpick, next thing POOF its gone. After wrestling with the side mirror on the door I gave up on any more detail. My patience isnt what it used to be!

The paint is R/M automotive paint, I even sprayed the car in a real paint booth. :o