Model Cars Magazine Forum

official WIP drift car build off thread

diymirage

Hey Guys

you guys dont know me. my name is Greg . I have been a member for awhile and have not posted any builds

just been mostly lurking around in the shadows.

I wanted to find out if I could join in on this buildoff ???

I have a untouched fast and the furious 350z kit.

let me know and if its ok will post a pic of the kit tom.

thanks

greg

that's good, because I have a hard time seeing that Isuzu Chevette actually Drifting........ :P

It's a sleeper Drifter :lol:

It's not how much power ya got but how ya use it :rolleyes:

Thank goodness its not a road race.

Right? :D

Looks like a fast Stang.

Hey Guys

you guys dont know me. my name is Greg . I have been a member for awhile and have not posted any builds

just been mostly lurking around in the shadows.

I wanted to find out if I could join in on this buildoff ???

I have a untouched fast and the furious 350z kit.

let me know and if its ok will post a pic of the kit tom.

thanks

greg

welcome aboard gregg

your name has been added to the list and im looking forward to finally see some of your work :rolleyes:

Does the model have to be an exact match to what your representing? I'm trying to find the right kit's for my Smartuki, but it might become more like a Smonda, that being a Honda motorcycle powered Smart Car. I'm also considering doing a full monty carbon-fiber body to it instead of the white one I posted elsewhere.

It might not be like the one in photo, but same idea?

Hey FL, it's not my Build-off, but I say you build what you want to. Since when has anything that anyone does here fit into the rules anyway???? :lol:

LOL! I was trying to ask diymirage the question. Rules are no fun when the imagination get's in the way! :lol:

Edited by FujimiLover

Guys, I have decided that I want in.....Too many imports on that list, we need more American Iron.

So please add me and my 2004 Corvette ZO6 to the list of potential applicants....

I will post some in progress pics soon as I can....

Until then, Drift Away!!!!!

Does the model have to be an exact match to what your representing? I'm trying to find the right kit's for my Smartuki, but it might become more like a Smonda, that being a Honda motorcycle powered Smart Car. I'm also considering doing a full monty carbon-fiber body to it instead of the white one I posted elsewhere.

It might not be like the one in photo, but same idea?

im with you on the whole imagination thing which i why i capped the prerequisite of a picture of video of the car you are building long ago

the way i phrased it in the rules was as follows:

this is your car, build it your way, just let us know up front what the idea is and onces its done it has to drift

so to awnser your question, if you build the model the way you envisioned it it DOES exactly match your representation right ?

build the smonda

build a smartly davidson for all i mind (im sure the car behind you will have no problem drifting with as much oil as those leak anyways)

most importantly, make it your own and have fun :lol:

Guys, I have decided that I want in.....Too many imports on that list, we need more American Iron.

So please add me and my 2004 Corvette ZO6 to the list of potential applicants....

I will post some in progress pics soon as I can....

Until then, Drift Away!!!!!

i added you to the list

hereby making the majority of the reveleaded entries american iron

(mustang, caddilac isuzu (GM) my acura (build in indiana) and your Z06)

:D

Thank's, I might be trading some kit's for a Honda motorcycle and a Smart Car all in 1/24th scale. It will be same basic idea as the Smartuki, but with my own twists. I think it would be freaking awesome to do a full-monty carbon-fiber Smart Car. Why not? Wouldn't less weight make more use of the motorcycles horsepower thus being more driftable? Plus, how cool would it look?

:lol:

Edited by FujimiLover

Thank's, I might be trading some kit's for a Honda motorcycle and a Smart Car all in 1/24th scale. It will be same basic idea as the Smartuki, but with my own twists. I think it would be freaking awesome to do a full-monty carbon-fiber Smart Car. Why not? Wouldn't less weight make more use of the motorcycles horsepower thus being more driftable? Plus, how cool would it look?

:D

you better be carefull with that

you're gonna try tp peel out in a straight line and the thing will lift its nose up and do a half a backflip and you'll end up like a turtle on its back :P

which reminds me , i was at a fair once and there were these kids with 4wheelers

the 4wheelers had complete roll cages on them (like a hamsterwheel) and they would get a running start, lock up the front brakes and the rear end would kick up, and the whole thing would roll untill it landed back on all 4s and they would take off again

that was a neat trick :lol:

I'm going to enter, but i don't know what i'm going to do yet. i need to go down to the LHS and find something. i will most likely know by this Saturday.

for now just put me down as "unrevealed" :D

you know, not to stir the pot but i havent seen any european entries yet ;)

hey ? are you hinting at maybe a famous italian brand of car? or a german luxury type?

cant go wrong with an animal on the hood

but i was actually thinking of this porsche ive seen in a magazine a long time ago

Doesn't the Smart count as European?

european yes

but it doesnt count as a car :D

i guess i'll count it as half a european entrie

kinda like the french :lol:

Made some progress on my drift 'stang tonight. Got the rear seat delete started, but still needs some fine tuning.

Picture027.jpg

also got the engine started. the orange will be my second color of my sponsor colors.

If you can figure out what company uses orange and white, you can figure out my sponsor.

Picture028.jpg

I would love to see all those black areas done in SMS carbon-fiber! That would be killer!

thats an interesting idea. I had not thought of that. but to be honest I dont know the first thing about the carbon-fiber.

does it come as a decal type thing that you cut to fit ??? anyone know where I could find it ???

its the hankook motorsports porsche

_l554486.jpg

and here is a short video

it is a 993 putting out about 600 horsies

my favorite part is at 1.05 in the vid :huh:

wow that is a great looking porsche. that video is really cool if my LHS has a 993 i might make it. if not i'll probably do some kind of european car.