Model Cars Magazine Forum

official WIP drift car build off thread

diymirage

thats an interesting idea. I had not thought of that. but to be honest I dont know the first thing about the carbon-fiber.

does it come as a decal type thing that you cut to fit ??? anyone know where I could find it ???

Go to Scale Motor Sports web site

http://store.scalemotorsport.com/merchant2...Category_Code=4

and look for their 1/24 scale carbon-fiber decals. I think your kit is 1/25th scale, but nobody is going to notice 1/24 scale CF decal on a 1/25 scale model. You want to find their black/gray woven pattern style I beleive. They have lot's of colors and choice for you to choose.

This is a decal that works by itselfe. You need to follow the instructions very carefully and practically cut it to shape, apply it with the proper solution that they say in the instructions, and once you have it in place, leave it.

When you clear-coat the model, the CF really comes to life as the clear-coat gives it that realistic depth.

If that kit you have is built the way I think it is, with all the body kit peices seperatly from the body, I'd do the CF decal's on the body kit before mounting the kit. That way you can get a cleaner look by having the decal film wrap around all the edges making it look even more real. Just some thoughts for yea!

But to be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure if the car in the movie had all that in carbon-fiber anyway.

Edited by FujimiLover

I think starting date is now and finishing date was stated as being mid September?

yes, starting date is whenever (mine was a week or so ago)

just let us know what your up to :P

as far as finishing date, in still looking for input from you guys

my preference is october first (thats 4 and a half months)

like i stated before, if the build goes on too long the interest seems to die off

Go to Scale Motor Sports web site

http://store.scalemotorsport.com/merchant2...Category_Code=4

and look for their 1/24 scale carbon-fiber decals. I think your kit is 1/25th scale, but nobody is going to notice 1/24 scale CF decal on a 1/25 scale model. You want to find their black/gray woven pattern style I beleive. They have lot's of colors and choice for you to choose.

This is a decal that works by itselfe. You need to follow the instructions very carefully and practically cut it to shape, apply it with the proper solution that they say in the instructions, and once you have it in place, leave it.

When you clear-coat the model, the CF really comes to life as the clear-coat gives it that realistic depth.

If that kit you have is built the way I think it is, with all the body kit peices seperatly from the body, I'd do the CF decal's on the body kit before mounting the kit. That way you can get a cleaner look by having the decal film wrap around all the edges making it look even more real. Just some thoughts for yea!

But to be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure if the car in the movie had all that in carbon-fiber anyway.

I'm not sure if the car had carbon fiber either.

this kit the body pieces are not seperate . you have to glue the nose and rear on. I really appreciate all the help

you guys have given on CF but I dont think I will use it on this car but keep it in mind for future reference on something else.

I'm not sure if the car had carbon fiber either.

this kit the body pieces are not seperate . you have to glue the nose and rear on. I really appreciate all the help

you guys have given on CF but I dont think I will use it on this car but keep it in mind for future reference on something else.

Well, I'm planning on CF'ing my Smonda. It'll be my first attempt at doing a full-monty carbon-fiber body. It should look pretty trick!

i think dec. 1st! that will give enough time for everyone to finish there cars with out a rush, like me, i am still waiting on my kits!

Hey, May's not even over yet! You still have all summer long! I'll probably spend every living minute I have on this project as it'll be the first of many skills for me!

Well, I'm planning on CF'ing my Smonda. It'll be my first attempt at doing a full-monty carbon-fiber body. It should look pretty trick!

sounds like it !!! look forward to seeing it on yours.

also to be honest its not in my budget at this time as I need some bmf and other detailing supplies.

and money is getting tight.

O.k i finally figured out what i want to make into a drifter. The revel ferrari enzo. this might be a complicated car to make into a drifter but i'm up to the challenge. Does anybody have an idea to do with it to make it look more like a drifter?

100_0663.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0665.jpg

Please comment !!!

carbon fiber decal the whole body! that will look sweet!

If that Enzo of his is 1/24, and I bet it is, Scale Motor Sports should already have CF templates for that particular car. Although while it may look cool, I dont' think I've ever seen anybody drift a full CF Enzo before. Maybe a normal Enzo has been seen drifting, but I doubt a full-monty CF Enzo has done it.

As for making it look like a drifter, not sure as I've really never seen an Enzo done-up like one. I think it's just drifted as is bone-stock.

All you need to do is provide a picture of the real car drifting and you should be in for the build-off!

If you want "drifting" decals, I suggest getting SMS's sponsorship decals which come on their "tuner" series decals. I've usually placed these on the front section of the doors, but not sure where you'd put theme on the Enzo. You might want to cut each sponser off individually, "as their in one row together", and past theme where you want.

While I absolutelty positivly hate the Enzo, some strange reason, I absolutelty love it in white. Strange effect I know, but it's true. I'd do white with CF decals in some choice areas, and the sponsorship decals spread out around the car.

Maybe build it "modify it" as if some of the body parts, side-skirts for example have broken off from drifting and are just hanging in place?

Edited by FujimiLover

O.K here is a vid that should qualify:

The very last part is halarious !!!

love the video, thank you for sharing! i want that kind of car alarm! and i love the dream part! i had one similar, and yes the last part is halarious! i am lmao!

Edited by KUZTOMMODELS88

All you need to do is provide a picture of the real car drifting and you should be in for the build-off!

pay attention bro, we got rid of that rule togehter with the old management

the whole point is to build a drift car your way, it doenst mather that it has never been done before

im looking forward to seeing the enzo done up

its gonna be interesting