Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fisher Body Craftsmans Guild Tires

Would anyone on the forum happen to know where I might be able to locate a set of four tires for a (1968) Fisher Body model? The tires were 2 1/16" dia.x5/8" wide with a rim hole dia. of 1 1/16". I would also be interested in any modern tire/rim combo of similar dimensions that may be available as a replacement if the originals are not available. I am restoring my model and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks , Greg Davis

Welcome Greg, Fisher Body was a coach building firm before it became an assembly division of G.M. They built bodys for different G.M. Plants. If you could be more specific, such as WHAT make/body style your working on ,it would make it alot easier! But you HAVE come to the RIGHT PLACE, somebody here has the answer! :lol:

Edited by george 53

Guest Davkin

You're misunderstanding him George. The Fisher Body Craftsman Guild was a program where GM gave a very basic set of materials, (just tires and a block of wood IIRC.) to young people and they were encouraged to come up with their own styling exercise from those materials and then competed in a judged contest. I have no idea where one might find a set of those wheels now though.

David

DUHHHHHHHHH. Thanks Dave. You know, I worked at Fleetwood,Fisher Body Plant in Detroit for 11 years before I transfered to Poletown, Det/Hamtramck Cadillac Ass.Div.Just before you went out the front doors of the Fleetwood Plant, there was a showcase where they would put the competeing designs on display. I had TOTALLY forgoten about them till you mentioned it! Thanks fer joggin the ol noggin!!! ;)