Model Cars Magazine Forum

AT THE BENCH WITH MINI!

HERE I WILL SHOW A SIMPLE HANDY LITTLE TRICK TO MOUNTING SMALL ITEMS AND ADDING STRENGTH AT THE SAME TIME !

TODAY I CHOSE SIDE VEIW MIRRORS. IT IS 1 ITEM I MY SELF HAVE A HARD TIME WITH WHEN ADDING TO A BUILD ,BUT NOT NO MORE!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS GET YOUR ITEMS ALL CLEANED UP OF EXTRA FLASH AND MOLD LINES .

101_2999.jpg

YOU WANT TO DRILL IN TO THEM WITH A LITTLE DRILL BIT ! ONCE YOU DO THAT ADD IN A SMALL PEICE OF WIRE !I USED 1/32 BRASS WIRE !

101_3001.jpg

THEN YOU DRILL A HOLE THE SAME SIZE AS THE WIRE FOR A SNUG FIT IN THE AREA YOU WANT TO MOUNT THE MIRROR .

101_3003.jpg

THEN ADD ON THE ITEM WITH THE POST .

101_3002.jpg

NOW YOUR MIRROR IS MOUNTED IN THE SPOT YOU WISH AND HAS A LITTLE MORE SRENGTH THEN JUST GLUED IN PLACED !

TOO MANY TIMES HAVE I TRIED TO WIPE A BUILD OFF TO END UP KNOCKING THE MIRRORS RIGHT OFF . THIS TRICK HERE WE HELP KEEP IT IN PLACE NOW !

101_3004.jpg

That's a great tip, and it works well for other parts too. I pin a lot of parts that are finnicky to install without making a mess, especially mirrors and door handles. Just a little crystal Clear and it's there, and if you get a snug fit you don't even have to glue it.