Model Cars Magazine Forum

airbrush pick up tubes?

Guest Davkin

Airbrush pickup tubes are just polyethylene tubing. Find a plastics distributor in your area that will sell to people off the street, take them one of your pickup tubes for reference and I bet they can find a roll of tubing that will make enough pickup tubes to last a lifetime. You might try mcmaster.com as well, I beleive they have that tubing.

David

Thanks for the tips David. We have a couple plastics companies in town which i'll hit up. I wonder if the hospital would work too? Got family out there. Thanks again!

T

Airbrush pickup tubes are just polyethylene tubing. Find a plastics distributor in your area that will sell to people off the street, take them one of your pickup tubes for reference and I bet they can find a roll of tubing that will make enough pickup tubes to last a lifetime. You might try mcmaster.com as well, I beleive they have that tubing.

David

Do any hobby shops sell these things in bulk? My airbrush only came with about 3 of these, and i don't want to keep re-using them. would surgical tubing work?

I'm lost....why not clean them just like your bottles?

Lacquer thinner should work great...my trouble is loosing them!! :P

I'm lost....why not clean them just like your bottles?

Lacquer thinner should work great...my trouble is loosing them!! :unsure:

I agree completely Mike, I clean mine with Lacquer Thinner just as I do the bottles. I have never had a problem with cross contamination of the paint. I've managed to drop them and they fall into the Bermuda Triangle never to be found again but, never a problem with cleaning them,

A metal coat hanger fits perfectly in the tube. Run it in and out a couple of times and it will remove any built up residue in your feed tube. Blow it out with a blast of compressed air , run some laquer thinner through it and you'll be ready to paint again.

Donn Yost

Lone Wolf Custom Painting

The pickup tube on my Badger is probably 10 years old and still going strong. I have never even thought of replacing it as part of the cleaning, I just spray plenty of lacquer thinner through the airbrush when I'm done painting. If there is any paint residue in the tube, I just take it off, run a pipe cleaner through it and blow it clean with compressed air.