Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outcast rod with parts from everywhere..

BIGTRUCK

Starting with a MPC original issue

"Outcast" body , a couple rear fenders from a Gowland 1914 Stutz , de-chromed the frame from the AMT Custom & Competition parts pack , grooved blue steak dragway special resin rears from Replicas & Miniatures , I forgot where the resin fronts came from. and have no clue yet on what to use for a power-plant...but goin' postal colors of the 60's and 70's of blue and white with a red stripe.......this is the first mock up.

IMGP0032-vi.jpg

IMGP0033-vi.jpg

That either needs some crazy sidepipes or some kind of running boards/step plates to visually lower it in the middle a bit.

I like it! Maybe a load of letters to the model mfr.'s inside asking for more hot rod/custom tools?

Your right on that Dave...I have some pipes that run long but I'm leaning towards the running boards...that hang down and incorporate some of the pipes...Hobby Lobby has some doll house mail bags...

The 1st pictures on the top of this post were the original idea ,,,made some changes and used some ideas from Dave[gowjobs] made a mailbox intake , added grab handles and steps on both sides.....drop some color on it next week and finish up the engine bay [wires etc.] and stuff some mail bags in the back , I want the decals to read ""Goin' Postal""

IMGP0313-vi.jpg

looks great thus far!! I see a boss novain the backround, any chance its for sale/ trade?? i have a real 62 nova wagon that I am going to hot rod one day and I cannot get that kit anywhere. shoot me an email if you want to work something out speedbird_tbird@hotmail.com

looks great thus far!! I see a boss novain the backround, any chance its for sale/ trade?? i have a real 62 nova wagon that I am going to hot rod one day and I cannot get that kit anywhere. shoot me an email if you want to work something out speedbird_tbird@hotmail.com

6 of them on ebay at this moment

http://cgi.ebay.com/amt-chevy-II-boss-nova...1QQcmdZViewItem

Tom Carter at Hobby Heaven also has hem in stock

http://www.modelcarkits.com/cgi-bin/store/...amp;type=search

• 2 weeks later...

Can almost feel it gettin done....[gotta love that Tamiya tape ], last one for this year for sure. Just have to add the red stripe and all the final engine parts again , add decals and interior stuff , grab handles....all easy right? Something always changes ever step of the way :) hmmmm maybe ''wheelie bars''.........

IMGP0349-vi.jpg