Model Cars Magazine Forum

CANON PORSCHE 956

chris coller

Well since my WIP thread was short here are some pictures of the completed model. Well mostly complete anyway. Tamiya kit, paint(decanted and shot through my airbrush) and a Studio27 photo etch set. I just have to add some more photo etch fasteners.

set1788.jpg

set1789.jpg

set1790.jpg

set1791.jpg

set1792.jpg

Edited by chris coller

I really like this one, too. It was used in a recent magazine article to illustrate decaling techniques. And now I really want one. I'm really impressed by your detail work in the engine bay. Lots of stuff going on in there and you've done an excellent job of differentiating among all the different parts and assemblies. The tire markings are a really neat touch also. Is there any convincing way to do something about the panel lines? Or is there any point to doing anything with them. I always want to accent lines, though sometimes it is very easy to overdo it.

Thanks guys. Due to economic woes and lack of transportation sold it on ebay for $100. All is well that ends well, meaning I will be mobile in the next few days. Ahhhhh the freedom of the open road.

:o Well, that kind of sucks, such a beautiful model but I know waht you mean! ;)

Great job Chris. Did you paint the red areas?. I have to get around to doing th Bontempi version. I have this decal sheet.

Cresci_decals.jpg

Here is one built by somebody else.

f_956babycresm_89f732c.jpg

I have the same decal and car in my "to do" closet. Do you have a color picked out for the yellow yet?

I have the same decal and car in my "to do" closet. Do you have a color picked out for the yellow yet?

The yellow should be brighter than that pic. Tamiya's TS-16 or Krylon Sun Yellow(these two are identical shades) would be fine.