Model Cars Magazine Forum

DOYUSHA 1/12 Lamborghini Countach

Blitz3000

...........MPC did make the CannonBall black countach back in 1981 or 82, MPC did have the rights for the movies; a few other kits where also made.

Remember that the kit was not accurate at all based on a Japanese mold of the "Wolf" LP500S with a grafted front wing!!!!!!, the real one was a secound generation LP400S. kit molded in black, nice box art :one of the lady driver was on top corner of box to boost the sales :D

Hey ZIL you are indeed right. :rolleyes: The MPC model kit of the Cannon Ball Run Lamborghini if featured here:

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...SIsWSkAX3gJ2fDw

it's a very small picture down the left hand side of the page not far from the top.. niiiiice. Now I'd love to see a bigger picture of the box art...

I think that movie was jackie chans"Rumble in the Bronx"????

An accident dio would indeed be sweet if you guys concoct something

keep us posted!!! :rolleyes:

You know what.. you're both right.. after a bit of searching I found out that Jackie Chan seems to like trashing Lambos in his movies. In Mr Nice Guy a purple Countach aparently gets crushed by a dump truck and in Rumble in the Bronx he drives a white Countach under a semi trailer and tears the doors off. Still all sounds too painfull to watch.. but I will be renting these flicks to see this blaspemy.. :D

Hey ZIL you are indeed right. :) The MPC model kit of the Cannon Ball Run Lamborghini if featured here:

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...SIsWSkAX3gJ2fDw

it's a very small picture down the left hand side of the page not far from the top.. niiiiice. Now I'd love to see a bigger picture of the box art...

Hmmm, never knew one existed. Will have to look into it. What scale is the kit? If it's 1/24, it might be worth getting just for the front wing if it's a separate piece. The rest of the car doesn't look so great judging from the box art. Wonder how good the kit is in itself? MPC I think is at the bottom of the food chain.

• 6 months later...

Hi, i have the OTAKI lp500s. i got it from my younger brother years ago. partialy built. my prob. is the only dirrections are a tiny little sheet w/ numbers saying "part a to part b ect".. was there more instructions than this? or is that it? if theres a detailed instruction sheet would anybody be willing to part with 1?(for a price of course) any help wpould be greatly appreciated... thanks much, Scott