Model Cars Magazine Forum

U-JOINTS.

Heres how I do mine....although it's quite tedious.

I do the steering joints in a similar fashion to the u-joints but they are much smaller, and more difficult to work with...The finished parts do function quite well however, and add great realism to the model....

]

heres a finished drive shaft with the working joints...

buickdriveshaft1.jpg

completeddriveshaft1.jpg

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TRYING TO MAKE! I saw your pics somewhere and have tried several times to copy them. I just cant get it. Must have more details, please??? The first 2 pics, did you make those or order them? And if ya made them, HOW?? I CAN'T WRAP MY FAT HEAD AROUND THE AMAZING REALNESS!!!

And yes I know it's easy, if you have done it before or not making them as nice as these. I'm working on the AMT Scout if that tells ya anything. The drive shafts are so generic. I altered the wheel base some and I have to shorten and extend them so I figured why not make them look like I at least tried to make them look awesome. I just need some ideas. Not criticism. If thats what I wanted I'd go to SAE!

THANK YOU J! By the way, That has got to be thee SICKEST build I have ever seen bar none!!! I saved the pics I found of it to PC and every time I need inspiration I pull the pics up! Kinda creepy, huh?? :)

You can e-mail the pics to me if it would be easier.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TRYING TO MAKE! I saw your pics somewhere and have tried several times to copy them. I just cant get it. Must have more details, please??? The first 2 pics, did you make those or order them? And if ya made them, HOW?? I CAN'T WRAP MY FAT HEAD AROUND THE AMAZING REALNESS!!!

And yes I know it's easy, if you have done it before or not making them as nice as these. I just need some ideas. Not criticism. If thats what I wanted I'd go to SAE!

I don't think he was ripping you. He was just saying that the project wasn't going to be too hard. Take a chill pill, bud. He also mentioned how you could do it.