Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Focus wrc 02

guiwee

looks good.

i always liked these kits but i could never get over the curbside issue :lol:

just out of curiousity

are the belgiums the original pilots or is there a personal afection there ?

Yeah I wish tamiya would do engines again! I think they used to on

their older rally cars but I could be wrong.Someone help me out!!

The hell if I know :unsure: Everything is straight out the box built and

painted as per instructions.Like to build rally cars but not really a

fan of the sport so I have absolutely no idea!! Cmon someone

answer the mans questions.

I know there are some purists out there : B)

Edited by guiwee

Nice blue Focus! I'm a big WRC fan and watched it as often as I could when it was on Speed Vision. Then Speed became Speed Channel and they dropped a lot of programs including my beloved WRC. I was sad when I could no longer watch WRC on cable. Gotta get it on DVD I suppose.

I'm afraid I don't know the details at all. I used to, but when they started changing drivers and I think Colin Mcrae passed away a while ago, I lost interest in the details and just enjoy watching the cars on Tarmac.

Nice blue Focus! I'm a big WRC fan and watched it as often as I could when it was on Speed Vision. Then Speed became Speed Channel and they dropped a lot of programs including my beloved WRC. I was sad when I could no longer watch WRC on cable. Gotta get it on DVD I suppose.

I'm afraid I don't know the details at all. I used to, but when they started changing drivers and I think Colin Mcrae passed away a while ago, I lost interest in the details and just enjoy watching the cars on Tarmac.

i was just a wee boy when i was first introduced to WRC

i was 17 years old and held a job at a place called "motoren revisie techniek"

they were the main sponsors of a guy buy the name of rocco theunissen

he won the dutch open in a group N impreza

then he won the group A

then he bought a corrolla WRC for the 99 season

he took this car (build by future world in the UK) to become west european champion

he also took two belgium division 1 titles before being diagnosed with meningites

at any rate

i met him a few times and got to see his cars on a regular bases

i remember him telling me "brake with your left foot" :)

he was a great guy

I know there are some purists out there : :blink:

not sure if I know anybody..... B):D

Yes, the Belgians was a one stage deal

:blink: me to! But you I think already know that. Whern Colin passed it went all downhill. I'm no longer a fan of WRC I think.....

I am now a fan of IRC mainly, it's what it was in the 80's and 90's just with tone downed cars but real competition and and RallyAmerica for US coverage, that the lord for those guys. I hope to compete.

Speed lost its excitement when it lost it's vision, remember that :o