Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt Car Carrier

This rig has been so long in being built I almost forgot I had it, it had about 12 months worth of dust on it but it has cleaned up OK for this photoshoot. I plan to build a trailer for it that will carry around 10 cars and the truck itself will get the frame rebuilt to take 3 maybe more cars stacked and not as they are sown here, as you can see the 5th wheel is a low mount type and that's how it will stay.

000_1809.jpg

000_1808.jpg

Low mount 5th wheel

000_1807.jpg

Dingo :)

• 2 weeks later...

dwc43 I could'e put a dozen antennas on it but I didn' want to over do it besides I have no idea what U.S. police cars look like other than what I see on TV and who believes that ###### anyway, TV is a fantasy world and I live in the real world where porcipines R small animal not big metal boxes on wheels (hehehehehe).

Only kidding dwc but I do kknow wot U mean and I would put more on but I'm running out of Hypodermic needles to cut down for antennas.

Dingo B)

I know what you mean about tv. Our cars have an ungodly amount of antennas on them. Here's usually what you will find on a Trooper car. The main radio transmits on one channel and receives on another so to speak. Makes tracking one with a scanner almost impossible. There's a gps tracker that works every time the mic button is pushed to transmit. They usually have one or two scanners in them so they can scan local and county radios, so that's one or two more antennas right there. Most carry a regular cb radio too. That's at least 5 so far. Then there's one for wi fi for the onboard lap tops, so that's at least 6 now.

Now the local city and county cars wont have that many. Usually three or 4 on those cars cause they never leave a pre determined zone that they patrol where a Trooper car can go anywhere within the state.

Thanks for that info dwc, maybe my next trooper car wll be an porcipine so all the local rednecks can have popshots at it or it can sit on the side of the road as roadkill (hehehehe again). Anyway we''l see what happens and if I do build another trooper car don't want to many cops in my collection hey.

Dingo :lol:

Welcome,anytime. And the unmarked cars we use are just as bad. Pick them out miles away. Usually white, but now they can be any color. Black limo black tinted windows with multi antenna and spot lights and usually some type of black steel wheel with a center cap.

Um?? know wot U eam about un-marked cars we have camera cars here for the good ol' speed camera but they stick out like a sore thumb due to the one light on the front which is a driving light and they sit in positions where camers cars should sit know wot I mean. We have a real big arguement at the monent in my home twon with a fix speed camera, the government says it's there for road safety but we say No and that's because they've put it at the top of a down hill run under a rail bridge that is brand new, the raod has only been open for traffic use for about 8 weeks now and not one car crash has happened BUT they insist it not for revenue raising but road safety yea right and my granny rides a broom stick side saddle so she can get off quickly.

Dingo :angry:

yea right and my granny rides a broom stick side saddle so she can get off quickly.

Dingo :o

LMAO!!!!

We have red light camera popping up over here. You can see them mounted on poles on all four corners of a major intersection. If you run the red light or just roll over the white line it takes a pic of the lic. plates. Then they send you a ticket in the mail. They claim the same thing, safety to prevent crashes from running red lights. Has not changed a thing other than bring in a lot of cash. I see it as a way to cause wrecks. What if the light turns yellow warning you it's about to turn red to stop. You slam on your brakes so you wont get a ticket and get nailed in the rear end. But, the car behind you is at fault cause he hit you in the rear. It's an unwritten law if you hit someone in the rear, it's your fault, period. And there is a written law for following too closely and failure to maintain control of your vehicle too. So, you can see how these red light cameras can cause trouble and make the city plenty of cash too.