Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gone in Sixty Seconds build off?

The Red Ranger

It was metallic blue. And technically it was Ashly in the warehouse, 'cause they were using the same list of cars, they just did not have names yet. lol.

Yeah but the Cobra in the warehouse got impounded by the cops. So it wasn't the same Cobra, unless the car was returned to the owner, then stolen again by Memphis and his crew... bad day for that car owner.

Yeah but the Cobra in the warehouse got impounded by the cops. So it wasn't the same Cobra, unless the car was returned to the owner, then stolen again by Memphis and his crew... bad day for that car owner.

Guess you got a point there. Besides, it was a bad enough day getting stolen the first time. And you think the owner would learn too. :o

I'm looking for a good resin conversion for Eleanor and so far I am coming up empty handed. I know Scale Productions did a conversion kit, but it's no longer listed. Has anyone else done this car and if so, who and does anyone have a good link with prices and so forth? This is really gonna suck if noone's making the resin conversion for Eleanor now. :o

hey man that looks really good. wasen't the color like a blue-purple pearlesent color?

Hard to tell since it was at night and inside of a parking garage.

Well, I picked up the Duplicolor Mirage Purple/green paint.

Close enough for me :)

Once I get the paint on, I'll BMF every little thing.

I'm sure the owner stuck on anything that was a chrome bolt-on/stick-on option.

BTW: I borrowed the wheels and tires from the Jada Toyota FJ..

P9130004.jpg

So I have an issue.

The Porsche that I am going to build is the 996. Now the 996 is stolen in the very beginning of the movie by Kip, but ultimately that batch of cars gets impounded and presumably returned to the dealership. So, do I get to be creative with the Memphis boosted 996? I'll let you guys decide.

Edited by The Red Ranger

We've also got a bigger issue. I contacted the company that was selling the Eleanor conversion kit to see if they had any in stock and was informed by e-mail yesterday that they are out of stock and there are currently no plans to produce anymore of these conversions due to poor sales and dated material.

So, trying to replicate Eleanor just got a million times harder unless someone has one of these conversions they're willing to part with. :)

Edited by 93Z34

So I have an issue.

The Porsche that I am going to build is the 996. Now the 996 is stolen in the very beginning of the movie by Kip, but ultimately that batch of cars gets impounded and presumably returned to the dealership. So, do I get to be creative with the Memphis boosted 996? I'll let you guys decide.

Get creative with the Memphis boosted 996.

Sure why not.

Movies take Liberties all the time.

So can builds :lol:

Ditching the snorkel.

I guess being a city Humvee, it's not gonna have a Deep water fording kit.

We've also got a bigger issue. I contacted the company that was selling the Eleanor conversion kit to see if they had any in stock and was informed by e-mail yesterday that they are out of stock and there are currently no plans to produce anymore of these conversions due to poor sales and dated material.

So, trying to replicate Eleanor just got a million times harder unless someone has one of these conversions they're willing to part with. ;)

Oh wow. Best I say is use a GT350 for the basis and scratch build. I doubt anyone who was willing to pay that price for the Eleanor clones would be willing to part with it, especially now that there are no plans to reproduce them. This sucks.

Get creative with the Memphis boosted 996.

Sure why not.

Movies take Liberties all the time.

So can builds ;)

Ditching the snorkel.

I guess being a city Humvee, it's not gonna have a Deep water fording kit.

Music to my ears

As far as your Humvee is concerned, you are a man of the craft sir.

As far as your Humvee is concerned, you are a man of the craft sir.

:lol:

I'm just Okay at this and that is just Duckie with me. :rolleyes:

Minor set back..

Primed it up and dropped it in the dirt. :lol:

DUH!!!

Should I lift it??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H1-Hummer-s...6.c0.m245#v4-34

Hey Hey Moon Pie

Coming along great.

Edited by Zukiholic

Hey, Mr. Moonpie, that Camaro is coming along beautifully. Are you going to do rally stripes? I always liked the Red with White stripes :(

Zuki, I appreciate your modesty, but wow. Also if I were you, I would lift it. I am gonna show you what I'm going to do with my Porsche once I get the pictures.

Here's some pics of the Original Eleanor that I am working on. I took the hood and cut out the Mach 1 naca ducts and replaced it with some clear styrene that I had. I managed to get the curve at the back of the hood carve back in it as well.

01510.jpg

01610.jpg

01810.jpg

01810.jpg

01910.jpg

02010.jpg

Edited by dwc43

• 4 weeks later...