Model Cars Magazine Forum

mini truck models

Hey guys and gals, I just joined up today and I been looking but I can't seem to find many mini truck models I found a few s10s but like no hi luxs,

I was just wondering if you guys could post up some pics of them, or show me where some good ones are,

If this is in the wrong spot then sorry,

Cheers

Guest Mustang3.8

Welcome to MCM, bro. As for mini truck models, the only ones I can think of are the Dodge D50, Ford Courier, MPC Datsuns, and some Japanese Toyota curbside slammers. Check Ebay. Lookin' forward to seeing your builds.

Aoshima has a line of custom curbside minitrucks, including a mid 90's Toyota, Datsun 720, and an older Hi-Lux. They're right-hand drive, have no engines but good bodies, custom wheels, a simple interior, poseable wheels, and varying degrees of details on the undercarriage. The 720 I have has a decent chassis, but it's 4WD and lowered with wire wheels. The Toyota has an adjustable, not realistic at all chassis with a tilting bed and is ride-height adjustable. I have also seen 4 door Japanese market trucks from Aoshima, mostly raised 4WD. Aoshima models can be difficult to find, but I have seen them every so often in a hobby shop or model flea market.

Here's a shot of the Toyota:ToyotaTruckF.JPG

I think Revell did a Chevy Luv hot rod years ago. The MPC/AMT Ford Couriers came with either a stock bed or stepside. I have seen a diecast Chevrolet Colorado (wish I had bought that). Revell/Monogram did the old square S-10 (standard and Cameo), and AMT did the newer aero ones in both Chevy and GMC versions. AMT did the 93-96 2WD Ranger in standard and Splash configurations, and a SnapFast Plus 4WD. Hasegawa did a VW van based pickup.

These are the ones I can think of right off the top of my head that weren't mentioned by Mustang3.8; there may be more. There are lots of minitrucks out there, but may require some searching.

Edited by SSNJim

Monogram also did Chevy Luv trucks as well.

That may be the one I'm thinking of. Also someone (maybe Revell?) did some snap kits of at least two Japanese trucks with fender flares, I think they were Baywatch/beach patrol trucks. I'm digging way back in the dusty corners of my mind for those. AMT did a kit of the Chevy Extreme in their series of S-10 kits.

amt did several versions of the toyota as a snap together and revell did a nissan(datsun) as a snap too and I think revell also did a targa top toyota again as a snap together.I think the mpc datsuns are my favorite. and I thought ashhh was asking for pics of builts .