Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 37 Ford Coupe

Whitman80

Just finished this one today. Built it up as a curbside because I didn't really care for the motor the Revell Good Guys 1937 Ford Coupe came with. The kit was pretty lame. There were tons of cool parts but no real way to add them to the car. I am thinking at one time this kit was retooled and they left some odds and ends parts on the trees. Never the less, I tried some new weathering stuff and I tried some foil work (my first time foiling and I learned a lot). Take and look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

whitman80

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Whitman, I really like it. Not only because the 37 Ford is one of my favorite cars.... They NEED to make a better one in my opinion. I like the way you painted the wheels. They look like an aged magnesium look. I might've gone as far as splattering some black on them so they look pitted. But maybe you weren't going for the aged look... B) And though I like the texture and look of the rust and patina, for some reason it just hits me as the "scale" of the pattern is too big for the car. Hard to explain, but it looks like it was cut from a larger piece of rusted stuff. Which, in itself, is really neat. I like it man! Nice work! ;)