Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford 5-Window Coupe

Car Crazy 81

Heres another one of my builds im looking to get started on i bought this one from a model show back in March for 2 bucks it was an old glue bomb when i seen it i thought potential. Im building this one as a unchopped late 60's cruiser with slotted wheels, Chevy 409 ci & a black paint job. I'll keep ya'll updated.

IMG_1818.jpg

• 3 months later...

Heres some updated pics of the Coupe its finally on all fours but i'd still need to add the motor mounts, transmission crossmember & the shock braces. I was originally was gonna go with a Chevy 409 ci it looked out of place i was thinking of going with a 283 or a 327 Chevy, Buick Nailhead or a 361 ci out of a 58 Edsel. The front axle is out of a AMT 40 Willys kit & the rear axle is from a Revell 66 Chevelle Wagon kit. I'd plucked the wheels from a Monogram 55 Chevy Street Machine kit. As far as the paint is concerned i'd havent decided the gray primer is kinda of growing on me. Any Suggestions!

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'd finally got some paint on the Deuce its painted with Dupli-Color Toreador Red that was leftover from my 64 GTO build all i got left on this one is to paint a few nick-knack pieces on this one it ougha be in Under Glass section before long.

32Ford5-Window-1.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981