Model Cars Magazine Forum

Twin supercharger

I've been looking for a while now for a twin/dual pyramid style blower/supercharger resin. I saw a vintage amt with one not too long ago and I know Ed Roth did some crazy concepts with some back in the day, and I was hoping to be able to get my hands on one. I've included an engine from the parts box, which has what I'm looking for, but I'm not interested in the whole motor, just the blower, and I'm not prepared to pay $20 plus another $10 when I'm only looking for the blowers. Also included is an image in real life application of what I hope to find. If anyone knows where to get it, or even just the pyramid to put the blowers on, I'd much appreciate it.

post-4727-1248822267_thumb.jpg

post-4727-1248822323_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darwin's Heros

Your first picture looks like resin parts. If that's what you're referring to as $20 + $10 shipping, it may be the best deal around. I doubt two resin companies make the same thing, and if so, the prices will not be too far apart. Your only other option is to scratchbuild the manifold ("pyramid") and get the rest from a kit or two. You will easily spend $30 or more doing that, plus the time and money spent learning to scratchbuild. Thirty bucks is not such a bad deal.