Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12th Tamiya Datsun

Dingo

I dunno know if I've put this up before or not and as it's 1.25am :P on Saturday morning I'm not going through the W.I.P. section to find ot so here it is again but only a bit more of what I have done to this car.

000_1820.jpg

The motor has been built but also it's been removed for further detailing, including new extractors.

000_1834.jpg

000_1833.jpg

The old extractors make of solder, new ones will be made of solder but only better.

000_1848.jpg

000_1847.jpg

:o 6 coats of Ocean Blue rattle can paint it will then be decaled and have another 6 coat of clear before being polished then floor shined for a lasting finish :).

000_1846.jpg

Redoing dash to be a bit better including gauges.

000_1844.jpg

Centre console has start switch (round red button) alnog side is a rocket launcher switch to act as an ignition switch ( this switch was filed out of a piece of kit sprue). The funny part of this switch bit was when I finished it I dropped it onto the floor luckily for me the floor is not carpet so it was easy to find using a luxeum LED torch man R those thing bright U should all buy one helps finds small parts.

Dingo :o