Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Mercury Comet

rick6343

This is AMT's early-'90s vintage '67 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Paint is Tamiya Gold and Gunmetal under Plasti-kote clear. It's the first paint job I'm really happy with, flaws and all. Wheels are from one of the AMT '69 Cougars, modified to fit. Tires are from the kit; the redlines are thinned red acrylic paint in the groove molded into the tire. The engine is the 289 from AMT's '67 Mustang, with an oil filter and plumbing and wiring added. It's mounted to the chassis with scratchbuilt motor mounts. Not too crazy, but there are a few added details here and there. Mostly from the box; it's a very nice kit that goes together very easily-something I assume can also be said about the '66 Fairlanes.

Enjoy, and your comments are encouraged...

Scroll down for the new pictures

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

Chassis (be kind, I still have some touch-up painting to do)

IMG_1720.jpg

Engine (nothing like a digital photo to show off that ejector pin mark you forgot...)

The brake booster and master cylinder are from the '67 Mustang kit. The upper shock mounts are scratchbuilt from pieces of styrene. Not 100% accurate, but they look better than the flat surfaces the kit provides.

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

Edited by rick6343

Thanks, guys! As far as I know, the interior colors are not stock. After painting the body, I decided that it would need a touch of color. I figured red would be about right, but an all-red interior would be too much. I did take some engine photos, but nothing that came out. Due to public demand, I'll give it another try!