Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Chevelle Wagon

Kyle

Well I'm almost done now. I got the hood to fit and painted it. I will polish it tomorrow or Friday.

I have most of the p/e badging on. I made the air cleaner top, put the wheels on, and added a turned aluminum rad overflow bottle.

Now to just polish the hood, put the rear bumper on and make some liscense plates (any ideas for a custom plate?).

Pics.

chevelle007-1.jpg

chevelle008.jpg

chevelle010-1.jpg

chevelle011.jpg

Nice wagon! Very clean build. I can' t help myself, had to comment about the valve covers. It's my favorite issue...... :D You got the passenger side wrong. See, big blocks have an uneven number of bolts on the covers. So the side with four bolts should always go towards the exhaust manifolds. Next time, eh? Now you have two things to make better.... :D

I tried bending the corner down, but it just seems to spring back after a few minutes. I'll try the warm water though. Thanks for the tip.
I know I am really late with this, but for those that might be working on their model right now, make sure that you use approximately the same amount of coats of lacquer paint on both sides of the hood (or other small semi flat parts) or when the paint is done shrinking as it dries it will distort the part & it will no longer fit. I have a really nice looking Ford Pick-up hood that has an indescribable reverse curve to it now, & will not straighten enough to use.

I finished the car and posted it in the under glass section. Thanks again for all of the comments and tips!

Roger - I'm not going with the hubcaps on this one, but here's a pic of some that I made for a '32 Ford. Like I said before, pm me if you need any parts and we can work something out.

32Ford001.jpg