Model Cars Magazine Forum

Burning up the money

Hello all,

Yep, its my birthday today... I guess the good thing is im still too young to think about getting older. ;) Anyway, I got up this morning, got a few prezzies, namely the revell ferrari 250 gto and paints from my grandparents. I was looking through the contents (which scrub up very nicley) and then it hit me... I have nothing to remove the parts from the sprue, no files, and no airbrush... now, i dont know what you will think of this decision, but i have chosen to not use an airbrush for the time being, only because i am used to a good 'ol spray can... and humbrol do a ferrari red spray anyhoo. So, i went onto Antics.co.uk as its supposedly a good UK model shop... I dont really know for myself... wonderland models got my GTO to the house in 2 days for only £3 P+P. But, i have placed and confirmed an order with antics... and it is as follows:

Humbrol No 220 Italian Ferrari Red Acrylic Acrylic Modellers Spray 150ml

Antics Sprue Cutter

Italeri File Set with 3 grades of Files

Revell/Monogram 1/25 69 Dodge Charger Daytona car Kit

Humbrol No 15 Midnight Blue Acrylic Modellers Spray 150ml

Expo Red Sable Paint Brush 00

Revell 4 Gloss White 14ml Paint Tinlet

All of this added up to £34.23, or as the bulk of this forum is from the US, $56.19. Now, from what it looked like... this was a good deal, a revell daytona kit, a couple of sprays, clippers, files, paints and paint brush incl. P+P. But me being a complete newbie to this... I've got a couple of queries.

Will just applying a spray and then a gloss be ok for the cars bases? Also, is the daytona kit any good? And finally is a humbrol spray the right way to be going?

well... i think thats all folks.

thanks.

Oscar.

P.S; thanks for the PM george53