Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Scale '34 Ford 3 Window

Ryan S.

Hi all. This is the first build that I completed a few weeks back, after being away from the hobby for more than 15 years. This 34 was started probably 15-17 years ago, for my dad who had one when he was younger. I found my model stuff still stashed at my parents house when visiting and decided it was time to get back to building, and I really wanted to finish this one for my dad. So here it is. It's 1:16 scale, I think and was a lot of fun to finally get done. Enjoy.

DSCN1287.jpg

Dad's was primer Grey and so too is this one.

DSCN1278.jpg

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg

DSCN1266.jpg

~Ryan

Edited by Ryan S.

It was a Revell kit. 1/16th scale (I was right)

Heres one I found on ebay, auction closed however. It was a great kit, the big scale made everything that much easier. I built it box stock, with some plug wires as the only detailing. Has a small block Chevy 35o as the motor with Webber Carbs. After sitting for so long, the frame was a little tweaked, but it still went together pretty easily. Good luck finding one, I hope you can!

Revell '34 1/16

ryan...very..."CQQL"...its nice sometimes we get to build a model that has real meaning and this one sure does...is ur dad still living???...if so give it to him for his b'day or xmas he will be thrilled....if not put it in a special place in ur home where u can treasure a grt8 memory....neal

ryan...very..."CQQL"...its nice sometimes we get to build a model that has real meaning and this one sure does...is ur dad still living???...if so give it to him for his b'day or xmas he will be thrilled....if not put it in a special place in ur home where u can treasure a grt8 memory....neal

Yes, my dad is still alive. He knew I was going to finish it for him, but didn't know I would do so so quickly. I've given it to him already (on my birthday ironically). He loves is and has it displayed on a shelf in his office with the picture of his.

Thanks for the comments!