Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Mustang Pro Street Style W.I.P.

samm1970

I started this yesterday and it's in the early stages of mock up.The Basic chasis is completed and ready for paint.All the rest is subject to change..lol

I'm not sure about the hood scoop.If I use the single carb stroker motor in the pictures,I may use the stock CJ hood scoop for a clean appearance.If I use a Tunnel Ram, will keep the scoop.The wheels are another area subject to change.I've got a set of old school Super Tricks on it now for mock up.I've got several more sets to choose from.I'm considering the following wheels Weld Alumna Star's, Weld Pro Stars, Weld Superlites, Centerline's, Centerline Convo Pros, and a set of Torque Thrust type drag rims.Any and all suggestions and or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

Sam

Frame before

IMG_0494.jpg

Frame after being back halved

IMG_0512.jpg

A few mock up shots

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Thank's for all the comments and encouragement everyone.The Mustang is starting to take shape.I'm gonna keep the scoop,leaning towards the engine pictured, but the carb looks a lil small, so I think a dominator will be used.

I did stretch the wheel wells a bit to accomodate the big tires as suggested.I set the rearend up with ladder bars, coil over shocks and a panhard bar.I kinda wanted to keep the rearend set up simple, like something any weekend racer could have done himself with a lil help.The Mustang will get a set of wheelie bars and simple old school Pro Stock aluminum spoiler, not one of those huge spoilers like on a Pro Mod car.

Thank's again for the encouragement guy's.

Sam