Model Cars Magazine Forum

t bucket lakes car im working on

jbwelda

I really like what you've got going on there. That Austin body looks like a modified version of the Austin-based BMW Dixi from Revell AG, and not an American Austin or later Bantam roadster. That said, I prefer the '26-'27 T roadster on that lil' chassis.

thanks for the continued encouragement. ive gotten a bit distracted lately with some other builds: a back-from-the-garbage maserati birdcage slot car (see model racing category for pics) and a toyota mr5 or whatever that is.

plus im an investor, recordist and artist liason for a little festival next weekend out west:

http://www.snwmf.com

and this has been occupying a lot of my time lately. then theres the "real" job every day!

but back to this t model ford business...ive been planning how to relieve the body to fit the chassis and also a friend of mine is going to give me some louvered panels from a 37 ford (???) that can be sanded on back to the point they are cut through. i will then attempt to merge them into the sides of the body to break up some of that real estate there that has been bugging me. i will post more pics when i get something substantial done...right now its mostly just staring at it trying to visualize how to do certain things!

• 2 weeks later...

nicest lakster I have seen in years- excellent workmanship- and definitely, go with the t tracknose body! :D:D:D:D:D

I used that Offy in my first 32 Ford project, also with a track nose, but with 2 side draft carbs and an exhaust header from a truck- no restrictions allowed! (or is that a LOUD!)

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/Paul...els07_16011.jpg

• 7 months later...

since I first saw yur attention to yur slot cars, I've thought of yu as a sleeper talent (and yu should post pics of yur slot car rebuilds here as well JB) of tha first rate. 8) In my opinon stick with tha T....tha Bantam body is not easy to streamline....too wide, bigger air pocket. I have a couple of those multi-year projects as well and as soon as I get a digi-cam....we can comparo. :roll:

Keep amazing us Jb, yur doing fine.

:twisted: Zeb

thanks for the continuing comments folks, i brought this to the nnl west and not many people noticed it seemed like...ive been involved in a number of other projects so i havent really gotten back to this in a while but may start up again on it with an eye to actually getting it done.

and thanks for the compliments zeb, i try to keep the slot cars a separate thing because most here (i would guess) consider them a distinctly lower life form compared to what we do in our "real" time.

anyway that header is from a Morgan V-8 (basically a Buick V8 that British Leyland bought the rights to and put in Morgans, Rovers, MGBGTs and some other cars over in the UK). it came with a kit that i believe Southeast Finecast sells of the V8 but looked really right here so i used a spare i have for it.

ive decided to continue with the T body but i do think i will retrofit the austin body when the car is finished so that either will fit on the chassis for display purposes...i just really love that austin body. i also picked up another T roadster with track nose that i *may* substitute for the one shown. the one shown looks ok but its got some problems in the casting (like one side being a quarter inch thick while the other is 1/16", little details like that) but for now i think i will continue on with whats there and possibly replace the body later. fitting the body on the chassis around the running gear etc is going to be a challenge since i dont want to just hack it on there but rather try to streamline the openings for low drag coefficient...we will see how it goes.

anyway thanks for dragging this back to the top; i will try to get some photos after i get some significant progress...