Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Scale Pro Street Chassis

arick

Wow...nice stuff you guys have here!!! Don't have any 1/8 scale kits and only 1, 1/12. I do mostly 1/25 and 1/24 scale, but if I had this chassis and some of the accessories in 1/12, I would definitely wip out the 1/12 camaro I have and probably buy some more 1/12 and you guys would have a repeat customer.

Put me down if you guys ever get to the 1/12 and 1/16 versions.

Again, nice stuff!!!

Edited by ScrappyJ

Wow...nice stuff you guys have here!!! Don't have any 1/8 scale kits and only 1, 1/12. I do mostly 1/25 and 1/24 scale, but if I had this chassis and some of the accessories in 1/12, I would definitely wip out the 1/12 camaro I have and probably buy some more 1/12 and you guys would have a repeat customer.

Put me down if you guys ever get to the 1/12 and 1/16 versions.

Again, nice stuff!!!

Buy the 1/8 chassis and the soon-to-be released 1971 Barracuda to go with it :)

I was one of the initial 'cuda buyers. I need to get the chassis and a blown hemi now.

Thanks all for your support and encouragement. TDR Innovations has grown faster than we expected and its a result of all the great modellers around here. We especially thank Gregg and Harry for allowing us to strut our stuff on this forum.

Our new Pro Street Chassis is finished. We've built and tested the CAD model and everything fits as it should. The next step is to actually build one and put it under a car. That process will start soon. As soon as we get our Cuda body, it will be put on the Chassis for final fitting.

Because there are several 8th scale bodies on the market, including the soon to be announced Barracuda, we've designed three front clip's, each with a different tread width, so that the front clip can be used in everything from the Corvette to the Cuda. We've also designed a rear clip with two options. The first option will have our coilover/fourbar mounted 9" style rear end and the section option will be set up for our Pro Street/Pro Stock style rear end with the option of either a solid mount or coilovers.

We have designed and will be offering an optional chassis center section. Due to the difference in interior tub design and different wheelbase's, the chassis center section may not work in all applications. However, the beauty of our chassis is that each section has stubs that allow the sections to be joined together with tube styrene. That also provides the builder with the option of scratch building his own center chassis section. We suspect that most builders will want to purchase a front and rear clip and scratch build their own center section of the chassis. Anyway, the good news is that the chassis is done in CAD and we're really happy with it. All we need to do is actually put the raw pieces together and that will be done soon.

While we're talking about chassis stuff, we recently released our Deuce IFS/IRS. These items are designed to drop right into the R/M Deuce chassis with very little fitting. The wheelbase stays the same and all the components are beautifully detailed, including the coil springs. The Deuce suspension kits are popular so if you are thinking of ordering, we suggest you do it now or you may have to wait until after Xmas for delivery. A similar IRS kit will be made available for the Big T.

Our suspension pieces can be purchased seperatly. For example, if you want to purchase the two front suspension sides and build your own cross member, we can accomodate you. We're also looking at producing some of our suspension and engine pieces in metal. Imagine metal A arms, water pumps and coil overs in metal that could be polished.

A quick update on the Cuda body.....Dan is hard at work on it. He's had a couple of minor issues with some interior stuff but they are being worked out. We're no differenct than you guys, we can't wait to get our body. I'm sure it won't be much longer.

As for future products.........watch for an early style 392 Hemi with some trick accessories. Also watch for a beautiful Ardun flathead with lots of options, including our four speed transmission. Watch for a bellhousing to mate the fourspeed to the Offy. Other engines in the works are several small and big block Chev's and Fords. For those of you that haven't yet seen our engines, some of the parts are pinned for exact fit. You will also find that there is no parts misalignment or warpage, such as is the case in some resin products.

We released our Allison a few days ago and its already popular. Like the Deuce suspension, if you want an Allison, we encourage you to order now, otherwise you may have to wait until after Xmas. The Allison is being offered at a huge discount until Xmas.

Our R&D department is working with some clients who have asked for help with some interesting and unique projects. We're also talking with some Pocher folks and some guys from the Big Rig model truck group. All of these projects could lead to more products being put on the market next year.

Some of you have asked if we will be producing in other scales, including 24/25th, 12th and 6th. We're even working with a client who builds in 14th. The answer is "yes" but due to the demand, our current priority is the 8th scale market. Having said that, we do have some test projects being developed in 12th scale. We also encourage anyone who wants custom work done in any scale (we're already talking to some folks from this site) to contact us. We'll tell you what we need in the way of information and if we think the job is workable we'll quote you a price. If we can't do something or if we feel that it would not be a safe product, we'll turn it down and tell you why. We take pride in what we do and we want our customers to have the best possible products on the market. So, our advice to you is to feel free to approach us with your idea's and your want lists. Keep in mind that having us create a "one off" item can be very expensive, but if you come to us wanting fifteen or more of the items, then it may be cost effective to do it. We cannot start any new or custom work until the new year but you can still contact us to discuss your needs.

As mentioned previously, if you are considering a purchase, now is the time to place your order if you want to get it before year end. Our Ebay orders take priority, but most of the other orders will be shipped within about 6-8 days according to our current backlog.

Please address all enquiries to "tdr.innovations@gmail.com" and visit our web site at "www.tdrcatalog.com".

Once again, thanks for your interest and support. We really appreciate it.

Edited by arick