Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Photos of Your Family's cars! Post yours.

I was inspired by Bill Geary posting pics of the old family Javelin. I thought it would be fun for everyone to post pics of old family cars. I will start out with my parents first car. It is a 34 Pontiac Convert with rumble seat that they bought in 1949 just after they got married. In these photos they are getting ready and taking off from new Haven, CT to Ann Arbor, MI to start a new life. That is my dad on the right in the first photo. It was a classic pose for him over the years - hood up and him wondering what happened!! The second pic is my mom and my grand parents. She is 21 in the pic. She is 81 now and still drives cross-country, this time in a Scion XB!

34pontiac-vi.jpg

51Wagon.jpg

Above - 1951 Chevrolet Deluxe Styleline Station Wagon 4-door, Tan with Wood-Appearance Decal trim, Powerglide, 235 6-cylinder, 105 hp, Real Wood Interior (Dad bought it used and it is the car in which I learned to drive. I got my license on February 7, 1955.)

250GTE4.jpg

Above - 1956 Chevrolet 210 4-door, Pinecrest Green, Column Shift 3-speed, 265 V-8, 205 hp Power Pack, Two-tone Green Interior - I owned it from about June, 1959 to July, 1963 (Dad bought it new and I was able to talk him into the stick and Power Pack because the wagon had been such a dog. Not sure how my license and I survived all the "speed contests".)

Great thread idea, Andy, thanks. B):D

Ok well here's a few, some are still kicking around here.

My Mom's '72 Duster, slant 6, automatic, CB, bench seat. sold around 1990 after battling cancer of it's own (serious rust problems).

MomsDuster.jpg

My grandafther's 84' Chevy S10 Tahoe, 403 879 KMS, and still running strong, no rust, no dents, new paint job, because of severe fading, original engine, and tranny, still roming around these parts. CB radio, bought new in detroit, sun roof, extended cab, long bed, 2wd. Non slip diff, maintained by ex stock car pit crew cheifs.

pictures035.jpg

pictures036.jpg

pictures031.jpg

truckandtrailer001.jpg

My grandfathers '83 Bucik Regal Limited Station Wagon, 71,000KMS, no rust, no dents, original paint, original engine, plastic still on back seat, orignial spare never touched, bought new in flint Michigan.

10-12-200972832PM.jpg

My uncle's 1975 Chevy El Camino Classic, a true truck ,in our eyes, beat up, 350 4 barrel, auto, black paint over original S*** brown paint, rust, 300 000 + KMS, I'm working on this one every chance I get. Poor old El Camino

10-12-200972836PM.jpg

The rest I have no back story for, but I do have story's that go with them.

10-12-200972843PM.jpg

10-12-200972845PM.jpg

There's alot more owned by my family but these are only a few.