Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom pete 359

I'm not sure wich "Jim" you're refering to but Plastruct C-channel ot strip stock will be your best bet for the extending the frame rails. Head over to Walt's in Camillus or J&R Junction on The Boulevard, they both have a good selection.

You'll need to get those Vortox air cleaners from Sourkraut.

As for the hood, there is a resin 359 custom extended hood available, but it fits the Revell of Germany Peterbilt 359; and River's Edge Design has closed his Web site. Aparently he's still casting, but you'll need to email him directly. sorry, but I don't have his contact info.

Good luck.

Riversedge is still up and running strong, and they are the place to get the rear fenders, here is the web addy: http://riversedgeresins.com Like Jim B. said, just use c chanel to stretch your frame, that is how I do all of mine and the hood, I have scratchbuilt several, and I have used resin ones, that is up to you, just depends on if you want to go the cheap way or the easy way. If you need any more inspiration check out my website www.truckmodeler.com. Jim

hey mark ya got come down my neck of the woods some time i am like 20 minn from syarcuse in a little one horse town i am on the madason onondaga border u can stand in the midel of the bridge and be in two countys at one time shoot me a mesg and who knows