Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good to be back at my bench, here's what's on it

novadose71

Not much time at my bench recently, and gone from here for a while so I thought it was about time I post my current builds.

First up is an AMT annual 62 Bonneville rebuild.

Here's where I started.....

Bonneville013-1.jpg

Cut the A-pillar and replaced with one cut from a Modelhaus resin convt. windshield frame

62bonneville012.jpg

painted the interior with factory code Seafoam Aqua to match the body then taped off and sprayed the white accents....

62bonneville058.jpg

Taped up to spray the dark blue....

62bonneville084.jpg

Here's where she's at now....everything sprayed and awaiting Polishing, BMF and detail painting.....

62bonneville105.jpg

And my other project...

American LaFrance pumper that I am converting into a hauler...I have started on the rollback structure and plan to widen the rear half of the cab if time permits......... it's part of a club challenge and will haul a custom Cord being built by another member if, I mean, when they get finished.

pumper037-1.jpg

If anyone has a good idea to name the hauler, please speak up. Thanks for stoppin'

Edited by novadose71

The '62 looks great, I really like the (time consuming) detail painting of the interior. I also like the LaFrance pumper turned into a Hauler, as for the name, I looked up the french term for Hauler since it's a LaFrance truck and the word is "Camionneur", which means "Hauler or chauffeur" so what do you think of "The Cord Camionneur" for the Cord Hauler (chauffeur) ?? :rolleyes: I can't wait to see the Hauler when it's done <_<

STEVE ALLEN

Edited by scubadiver411

Got the dash finished over the weekend, steering wheel and column from AMT 62 Catallina 421 SD, shift lever/turn signal stalk from wire, sitting in unfinished interior in 1st pic.....rest of the interior is done, sans flocking, but I haven't taken any pics of that yet. Thanks for looking

62bonneville125.jpg

62bonneville163.jpg

62bonneville180.jpg

Got the dash finished over the weekend, steering wheel and column from AMT 62 Catallina 421 SD, shift lever/turn signal stalk from wire, sitting in unfinished interior in 1st pic.....rest of the interior is done, sans flocking, but I haven't taken any pics of that yet. Thanks for looking

62bonneville125.jpg

62bonneville163.jpg

62bonneville180.jpg

Wow- how did you detail the dash- try as I may, mine are always a hit or miss propsition. Your is incredible. :D

Here ya go Harold. I posted this on another board but I didn't take any progress pics of the dash.....hope it helps

Ok, first I sprayed the light blue over the whole dash, taped off the dashpad with Tamiya tape and sprayed the dark blue from a distance to give a little texture. Untaped, then brushed in Testers flat black on the gauges, and brown for the woodgrain, tedious foiling follows I made relief cuts over the radio knobs so the foil would slip over, the foiling took a few tries to get right. After it was all finally burnished into place I cut the foil out over gauges but left it in the area with Bonneville script. Dry brushed the numbers and dashes on the gauges testers white and added orange for the needles, then gave them a tamiya black wash to clean them up a little. I then painted the black over the script, touched up area's where the foil split with tester chrome silver and then brushed dullcote over the foil in area's to simulate brushed metal, then painted the knobs chrome silver. Then I took a tooth pick and ran it over the chrome area's and Bonneville script to clean and shine them up a little. Then a few coats of Tamiya clear were flowed into the gauges and script to give them some shine. I think that about covers it, if I missed anything, feel free to question.