Model Cars Magazine Forum

official farm truck buildoff

That's what almost seventy years of work on the farm will do to 'ya, Marshall! Thanks for the compliments! I imagine this one would have a diminished role on the farm these days, you know, down to the farmers' market on Thursdays and Saturdays to sell veggies out of the back, that sort of thing! It's been fun not having to worry about paint shine and the like! May scale back a little on the rust, though!

Drivetrain installed

000_0088.jpg

Nice job on the old work horse so far Ed, that 6 banger looks nice sitting in the chassis.

Are those the wheels & tires from the kit? The tires look like what I have been looking for to use on mine.

Keep up the good work bro.

Ron

Nice job on the old work horse so far Ed, that 6 banger looks nice sitting in the chassis.

Are those the wheels & tires from the kit? The tires look like what I have been looking for to use on mine.

Keep up the good work bro.

Ron

Hey Ron, thanks for the compliments! To answer your question, yes, they are the kit wheels and tires. They did a really good job with them, too! Ed

Here's a little update on the interior:

Assembled and weathered the dash and cowl

000_0089.jpg

Door panels and seats got the business

000_0090.jpg

And here they are together

000_0091.jpg

I also did a little weathering underneath the fenders and body as well as working on the bed of the truck. More updates this week and thanks for watchin'!

Chassis with the motor just set in there

004.jpg

It looks nice so far Mark. Keep up the good work.

I hope to make a little more progress on mine today. Now that the Thanksgiving holiday is over and the house is not filled with kids running around playing and all kinds of chaos with relatives over and all, I think its safe to resume my hobby.

I seem to be falling behind the rest of you guys, I gotta get in gear and make some progress.

Nice work from you all.

Ron

Some more progress has been done, and it is getting close to completion! Let's take a look:

Box has been assembled and weathered

000_0099.jpg

Bumpers and brackets are together

000_0100.jpg

Grille and headlights installed

000_0102.jpg

Pickup box and bumpers installed

000_0104.jpg

That's all for now, probably have 'er all done in a day or two! Stay tuned!

Guys thanks for the words of encouragement.

Ron...as you can see i am nowhere near finishing either so what the hay it's the fun of it is why we do it right ? :D

Ed...that looks awesome !! you definately have the weathering technique down.

Me on the other hand it's my attempt and so far I think it's coming along ok... :lol:

I like a lot of what I see here; some very creative builds and nice work. I especially like the '41 Chevy.

I might jump in on this, but I'm not entirely certain yet, between some other matters I've got going on and the muscle car CBP.

I will, however, enjoy watching this one way or the other.

Charlie Larkin

Ed...that looks awesome !! you definately have the weathering technique down.

Me on the other hand it's my attempt and so far I think it's coming along ok... :lol:

Thanks, Mark! I almost wanna do another one because this one was so much fun! Your truck is coming along great and I look forward to seeing it done!

Just a question thrown out there...being relatively new how do I copy someone else's post and respond to it

with my own comment ?

Click on the quote button in the lower right corner of the post you want to respond to. Then click add reply like you would normally to post a comment, that's it!

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I've made some progress on my '57 Chevy farm truck. Just have to take a few pics to prove it.

I can't believe I actually had time to work on it for two days in a row!, Hope to have pics up soon.

I will keep sputtering along. But I am satisfied with what I have so far. See ya soon, Ron.

• 5 years later...