Model Cars Magazine Forum

'48 Woody Update 12/30

Fletch

The interior wood pieces are now complete with the exception of painting the door handles and window cranks.

IMG_2992-vi.jpg

IMG_2994-vi.jpg

The interior roof piece inside the body.

IMG_2996-vi.jpg

The floor boards have been flocked and are ready for the interior to get assembled.

IMG_2998-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

It would be great if the weather decided to cooperate a little over the next few days so I can get this finished before the deadline, 1 week from today.

Wish me luck.

Edited by Fletch

Looking very good, and thanks for the tip on using cigar wrappings to simulate wood. I would have never thought of that (then again, I don't smoke....maybe I should take up cigars as an augmentation to my love of liquor).

If you have a good tobacconist near you, you could probably get them to give you the wood without too much trouble from the cigars they sell loose. No harm in asking.

Charlie Larkin

You will never hear me ever say anything bad about a good cigar. A lot of the cigars that have the cedar wrappers come in metal tubes. The tubes are sealed and of course don't "breathe" so the cedar give the cigar some moisture so it doesn't dry out during shipment. The higher priced cigars have the cedar wrapper more for look then function. A lot of the better cigar boxes have a piece of cedar in the bottom of the box to help during shipment as well.

Got a chance to work a bit on the engine for the Woody. It's a Chevy 454 from an AMT late '60something El Camino. The street version of the engine has what B&M calls a Street Charger with fuel injection. I need to finish up the detail painting and throw a set of plug wires on it before calling it good.

IMG_3030-vi.jpg

IMG_3031-vi.jpg

IMG_3033-vi.jpg

IMG_3034-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

It is pretty tight quarters with this engine in the '48's engine bay, but it looks good.

Off to bed for some much needed sleep.

Edited by Fletch

• 2 years later...