Model Cars Magazine Forum

What to build next?

well i chose the "A-team" van, cuase you where already working on "Mr.T"! lol!

yeah that's true.

Looks like "Christine" is winning by a landslide, so far. One of my favorite movies. I almost bought a 58 Fury. Needs ALOT of resto though.

I still woulda bought her

Well Christine has 4

and the GMC has 2

if it's a 4 door it's not a Fury. Fury's were only 2 doors, it might be a Savory or Belvedere, they were avalible as 4 doors.

No, the Fury was also a 4 door. That was King's original rendering in the book. I seen the title to the car and it said Fury on it.

No, the Fury was also a 4 door. That was King's original rendering in the book. I seen the title to the car and it said Fury on it.

Dude mistakes can be read and a title is just a peice of paper. look through this website. ;)

http://www.plymouthcentral.com/

Hey Nick

Its got to be Christine,,,thats a cool car. you can do the van next and maybe,,,one of my 53' ford Extra Cabs after that ;)

Dont think I ever saw one of them in a movie though,,,

that's true. I got a question for you I'll PM you.

Nick, you are a model building machine. I envy your drive. I have got to get building something!!!! I have everything tool, paint, detail parts and decals I could ask for, (well, almost), yet I sit here and get lost in all the possibilities. Next thing I know I'm online racing or sitting in forums. Dang computer. I don't see many vans being built so I voted for the van. I have the Charlie's Angels van to go along with Farrah's Vette, both unbuilt so far. Seeing as you are on a TV car kick do you have the Back to the Future cars? A neighbor of mine back in HS had a DeLorean. Beautiful car. Have fun regardless of which you build.

Nick, you are a model building machine. I envy your drive. I have got to get building something!!!! I have everything tool, paint, detail parts and decals I could ask for, (well, almost), yet I sit here and get lost in all the possibilities. Next thing I know I'm online racing or sitting in forums. Dang computer. I don't see many vans being built so I voted for the van. I have the Charlie's Angels van to go along with Farrah's Vette, both unbuilt so far. Seeing as you are on a TV car kick do you have the Back to the Future cars? A neighbor of mine back in HS had a DeLorean. Beautiful car. Have fun regardless of which you build.

I guess I am Walter wish my Keith Marks decals would show then I could finish the Bandit's Trans Am. Well set aside some time, that's what I do. Wish I had one but I don't.

Comments are more than welcome guys and gals.

hi , i like both but the van would call to me with more volume , the thing with vans is you just dont see many real true sized vans anymore. they give you many building options of what to build it as, stock, custom, wild drag, conversion, camper, or just a everyday family hauler.....one of my favorites is the amt chevy van mini motor home which i have but need parts for, anyway the van could be built stock cargo van, stock window van, or a very cool open road raised roof camper with full camper interior very sweet . in my opinion it was one of the best kits of a van ever made, wish they would reissue it. the guys like me that love 60s and 70s stuff would love it. what ever you build if your hearts in it , it will come out great. thanks disabled modeler, mark

hi , i like both but the van would call to me with more volume , the thing with vans is you just dont see many real true sized vans anymore. they give you many building options of what to build it as, stock, custom, wild drag, conversion, camper, or just a everyday family hauler.....one of my favorites is the amt chevy van mini motor home which i have but need parts for, anyway the van could be built stock cargo van, stock window van, or a very cool open road raised roof camper with full camper interior very sweet . in my opinion it was one of the best kits of a van ever made, wish they would reissue it. the guys like me that love 60s and 70s stuff would love it. what ever you build if your hearts in it , it will come out great. thanks disabled modeler, mark

Ok thanks for your vote.

Nick, the car as written in the book by Stephen King was indeed a 4-door. It also says in the book that it was a "special order". You gotta remember that the book was a work of fantasy, not an owner's manual and his books mostly take place in a different reality than ours. Personally, I'd have an easier time believeing the car was a 4 dor than it was posessed.

The car in the movie was indeed a 2 door but it's not original either. No red Furys were made in '58, they were all buckskin beige, that off-white colour you see them in pics. If you see one in any other colour, it's not original.

SO,, build the movie version and don't worry about the real Furys or the car in the book. One thing you will need though that's not in the kit is a dual quad setup and the correct dual air cleaner because it's shown prominently in the scene where she "restores" herseld after beeing trashed by the thugs.

Here's a pic of the one you'll need. Some old JoHan mopars have them such as the '60 Desoto. Should be chrome for Christine though.

40.jpg

what he meant was the real Fury be available as a 4 door Steve. and thanks steve i think i have a set up like that from a chevy kit i had

here's my question, are you building to please the people on the forum or are you building for yourself?

it shouldn't matter what peoples opinion is of what you should build next, you should build what you want to. if you want ot build a model of the A-team van, then do it, if you want ot build a replica of the Christine movie car then do that. it's your decision to make, not everyone elses. ;)

Dave

That's not the problem Dave, the problem is that I can't deceied which to build, when I'm doing a movie/TV car I do them 1 ata a time.