Model Cars Magazine Forum

Xanavi Nismo GTr-35

Mike

All done! Quite an enjoyable kit with no fit issues to speak of. The decals match the paint colors beautifully. The worst part of the kit is trying to keep that chrome lid clean. Especially while attaching decals etc. I also used the Tamiya PE set to go with the kit. The decals from Cartograph were very easily managed with only Micro Set being used.

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

Great job! Mine had trash in the chrome so I am going to try something else. The chrome is a real pain to deal with.

The chrome on mine was very clean. I had a heck of a time getting the decal residue off after applying them. :D It scratches easily too. I've got a couple "buff" spots on the chrome where I pushed a bit too hard with a paper towel drying up decal stuff. :lol:

Thank you for the compliments guys. I do highly recommend this kit. It's a pure joy to build. I would also highly suggest buying the PE set to go with it. It brings the car to life. The only real complaints I have is for the price of the kit, you should get the PE set included with it and/or some MODERATE engine detail under the hood. It would also help if they supplied carbon fiber decals to replicate the interior door panels, dash, center console, and front grill assembly. So, if you care to, buying some carbon fiber decals helps the interior and front grille a lot. I robbed all of the c-f decals out of my Honda Civic kits to do this one.

Edited by Mike

Thank you for the compliments guys. I do highly recommend this kit. It's a pure joy to build. I would also highly suggest buying the PE set to go with it. It brings the car to life. The only real complaints I have is for the price of the kit, you should get the PE set included with it and/or some MODERATE engine detail under the hood. It would also help if they supplied carbon fiber decals to replicate the interior door panels, dash, center console, and front grill assembly. So, if you care to, buying some carbon fiber decals helps the interior and front grille a lot. I robbed all of the c-f decals out of my Honda Civic kits to do this one.

i agree, the price is the main reason why i havent invested in this kit (or any kits for the past 8 months for that matter)