Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle SS427

In my 67 Chevelle assembly manual, Chevy shows a 396 with the 3x2 intake/carb setup that was canceled and switched to the Corvette. I fell in love with the idea and thought about making a model ’67 Chevelle with the 3x2 427, the Corvette's side exhaust pipes, steering wheel, wheels, and stinger hood. I wanted to try to make it look like what a factory Chevelle might look like with a 427 option.

In this years Chevelle magazine by Super Chevy, they featured a red '67 chevelle with a 427 and the hood i'm looking for. It looks pretty sweet actually and now I want to make it even more. I an going to used to Revell kits; '67 Chevelle and the '67 Corvette roadster. Anyway ideas how to make the hood? Any other ideas for the design?

th_Photo0271.jpg

th_Photo0272.jpg

th_3x2_400_hp_r62.jpg

there has been a Motion modified '67 Chevelle posted online too. don't remember where i saw it, but it was found and is either waiting on it's restoration or it's already been started. the pics where of the car in it's "as found" condition. i belive that car was a 427 too, but installed by Motion performance.

Dave

And here's the link to that B/M '67 Chevelle SS427 thread that started in 2004 on the Yenko.net. Note that it doesn't have the Stinger-scoop... :)

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.p...2&fpart=all